Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2014, 12:44 PM   #1
rieffer

Directions to LJ launch for Rockfish Tourney

Hi Guys, I'm really looking forward to the upcoming Rockfish tourney next weekend. Only one problem, I've never fished LJ and have no idea where the launch site is. MapQuest doesn't show me squat! I'm coming from Orange County and would appreciate some directions and any tips, i.e. proper $ for parking, where not to park, etc. Is it recommended to do the Friday Captains meeting or the Saturday morning one? Thanks for the help and am looking forward to meeting you. Jim
rieffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 05:26 PM   #2
kayakfisherman

go to google maps and find Kellogg Park in La Jolla Shores. It's
right on the beach. Public parking lot is adjacent, just north
of the park.

Take I-5 to La Jolla Village Dr. Left on Torrey Pines Rd, Rt on La Jolla Shores Dr., left on Avenida De La Playa, Rt on El Paseo Grande, Left on Calle Frescota into the parking lot. Double ck with Google maps.

Good Luck at the tourney. Yani
kayakfisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 06:03 PM   #3
Endlers

Wait Tourney? I just joined this site and I am hoping my Kayak gets here by next weekend. I would love to join such an expedition if of course i can handle it and if my new yak can as well.

Someone want to point me in the right direction for new info? I have already met some great people. I want to get out and practice as soon as i can
Endlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 06:29 PM   #4
William Novotny
The carpetbagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endlers View Post
Wait Tourney? I just joined this site and I am hoping my Kayak gets here by next weekend. I would love to join such an expedition if of course i can handle it and if my new yak can as well.

Someone want to point me in the right direction for new info? I have already met some great people. I want to get out and practice as soon as i can
Look in the tournament section on this site. There is registration info. Would be a good opportunity for you to meet a bunch of guys and having that many people around would be safe for you to get the hang of things. I just don't know about your yak making it through the surf if it's up that day.

http://www.badinfluencetattoo.com/gallery.php?artist=21
William Novotny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 06:34 PM   #5
Fishwhisperer619

Unfortunately its supposed to rain saturday with 35mph gusts according to my weatherman. Hopefully he is dead wrong haha but yes the surf will definitely be interesting
Fishwhisperer619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 06:43 PM   #6
Endlers

Registration is LIVE for the 2014 Opening Day RockFish Derby Benefiting the WWP and HOW

Go check out RockfishDerby.com and click sign-up.
If you guys have ANY questions, or notice any issues with the forms, please let us know immediately

If you feel the rules are unclear, or have any concerns please bring them to our attention.

Check the previous threads for more details!

Friday 2/28
6pm-8pm: Captain meeting and Check-in @ Marlin Club - San Diego
2445 Shelter Island Drive, San Diego CA 92106
Saturday 3/1
4:30am-6:00am : Last minute check in for boaters @ Marlin Club - San Diego.
Kayaks can check in at La Jolla Shores
6:00am : Lines in the water
3:00pm : Deadline to Weigh-in

2:00 PM Food and Drinks will begin being served at the Marlin Club San Diego
4:00 PM Start of the Award Ceremony and Raffle Drawings

is this the right one? AM i missing something??? the days it says its for are already passed?
Endlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 06:47 PM   #7
WildernessWanker
WildernessWanker

That's the right one, it was postponed due to hurricane-like conditions. The surf was way up March 1st and it would have been unlikely that most would have made it out.

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk
WildernessWanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 10:53 AM   #8
rieffer

Hey everybody! thanks for the info. Rain or shine I'll be there, looking forward to putting some faces to the handles. See you there! Jim
rieffer is offline   Reply With Quote