Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2007, 03:50 PM   #1
ratdog

LJ 10/19

Launched a little before 6am, surf was up, I almost didn't go out but I had a wetsuit on and managed to push thru the waves, shorebreak was very mixed up also? Made it out, found sp mk and greenbacks very easy beyond the buoy. Same ole same ole as of late. One high one low all over the place for nada. Bottom fished a little, got lots of white fish some starry eyed rocks (all released) kept a stout sandie and boccacio for tonights dinner. Not much current or wind, beautiful day on the water.
Landed about 2pm, surf was way down from early in the morning, I felt really weird knowing the camera was on me the whole time in! No pics.
ratdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 06:58 AM   #2
HookFynn

Other than the rough paddle out and the lack of monster sized fish, sounds like a great day. Much better than working =) Did you "pose" for the camera at all? Myself, I'm looking forward to the Newport tourney on the 27th. Last time I was able to go out on the yak was at the Steve Moyer Memorial tournament.

Bryan
HookFynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 09:10 AM   #3
sbsyncro

I have yet to hook a boccacio, despite their having at one time been the dominant ground fish here in Santa Barbara. I understand they can get pretty hefty for their length, and meatier than other rockfish?

Interesting article here:
http://www.dfg.ca.gov/marine/status/bocaccio.pdf
sbsyncro is offline   Reply With Quote