Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2008, 07:21 AM   #1
bosco

Pacific Adventure Mothership Report

Left LA Sportfishing aroung 6:15, loaded up with anchovies at the bait barge and headed to Catalina. Arrived Toyon (spelling ?) around 8:45, crew got 15-18 kayaks in the water within an hour. Overcast sky and dead calm I headed out to 200' of water and started slow trolling spanish macs in search of the illusive YT. Spotted a ledge on the meter holding fish, dropped a 6X JR scrambled egg down and got goat bit asa I hit the bottom ( no wind or current, up and down fishing). Landed the goat (maybe 6 lbs.), dropped back down and hooked another. One more drop produced a 3 lb. rock fish. Trolled again for nada, headed near shore and C&R'd 6 or 7 small checkerboards. Fish and Game came by and checked licenses and catch, very polite. Started loading kayaks around 2:15, pulled the hook an hour later and headed home. Never saw any breezers or puddlers, several bonito were caught and no WSB. Crew did another great job. Ready for next trip but we need more time on the water (leave earlier and come back later ?). bosco

Last edited by bosco; 07-10-2008 at 09:17 AM.
bosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 08:26 AM   #2
Iceman
Administrator

Ken,

Congrats on the jackpot, nothing but calicos for me. Got em on the iron and plastic. Next couple trips are supposed to be extended, leaving at 5AM and staying later. I had a 9" greenback out almost all day por nada. One toothy pick up and drop on the spanish.
Old 07-10-2008, 08:50 AM   #3
bajadog
I eats what I kills

No ghost love.....
Old 07-11-2008, 05:36 PM   #4
mc08066

Ken and Andy,
Thanks for the report, and sorry I was not able to make it this trip because of a work meeting. Congradulation on the JP for Ken. Earlier departure would be great especially if you be in Catalina at graylight. I am sure I will see you on one of the upcoming trips. Still a great time and incredible area to fish. Was it the same area or did Kevin try a different location?
Thanks again,
Jimmy
mc08066 is offline   Reply With Quote