Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 04-23-2017, 11:25 AM   #1
dorado123

Kayak friendly Lake ?

Since Irvine Lake shut down I have trouble to find good lake to fish trout catfish and bass with my kayak
Is there any kayak friendly lakes you guys know ?
I tried big bear lake last time, but they charged me 20$ for one day (50$ for a year ) and I have to drive 2hours..... only caught one trout
I live north orange county I hope BWE members recommend lakes for fresh water kayak fishing
dorado123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 12:28 PM   #2
Orca Winfrey

Perris and Silverwood are only $10 for parking. I know of nothing in the OC. I've never done Elsinore but I imagine it's about the same except that it has more brain eating amoeba.

DVL and Skinner are yakable but only in sit insides as they don't permit water contact.
Orca Winfrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 02:52 PM   #3
StumpFisher

In my opinion lake perris and any ski lakes are not very kayak friendly. The skiers make it very difficult and even the bass boats at perris make it rough when they decide to change locations and punch it 20 feet away from you, so much for 5 mph inside the buoys
StumpFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 05:30 PM   #4
Orca Winfrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by StumpFisher View Post
In my opinion lake perris and any ski lakes are not very kayak friendly. The skiers make it very difficult and even the bass boats at perris make it rough when they decide to change locations and punch it 20 feet away from you, so much for 5 mph inside the buoys
Very true. Your head has to be on swivel with all the boaters and jet skiers flying around. I stay near the edges of the lakes. There's a reason I prefer the ocean.
Orca Winfrey is offline   Reply With Quote