Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 06-05-2020, 06:54 PM   #1
Gaeta54
Junior

Anyone fishing LJ tomorrow ? 6/6/20

Hi looking to fish la jolla tomorrow anyone mind if I join them? l fish ocean often and launch in surf.
Gaeta54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 07:25 PM   #2
kevbeer

I am going. Been to LJ about 6 times. 6 am?
kevbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 07:27 PM   #3
ZOLLERBILLS
Junior

I'll be there at 515. Black Ram and Dune Outback.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
ZOLLERBILLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 07:33 PM   #4
Gaeta54
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOLLERBILLS View Post
I'll be there at 515. Black Ram and Dune Outback.

Sounds good see you there white ram 1500 red adventure island
Gaeta54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 07:34 PM   #5
Bruntoj

I’ll be there sometime 5:30-6. Gray PA14, red/black pfd, wheels bungeed behind my bait tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Bruntoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 08:24 PM   #6
FISH11

Good luck guys. But be extremely careful there is a strong wind forecast for most of the day and it goes through the weekend. last two trips the wind ended up being stronger than the forecast (happens a lot).The wind is a lot stronger once you get out past the Cove point and it can take all your effort just fighting the current and wind. Surf is non excistent and has been that way for a wile now.
Old 06-05-2020, 08:25 PM   #7
kevbeer

yellow outback all orange PFD and orange shirt
Old 06-06-2020, 09:08 AM   #8
FISH11

10:50 am and there are four trucks on the sand loading the kayaks as they returned early, no doubt to the higher winds. I can see then all on the Shores Beach Web Cam. The water looks full of wind driven chop and that's what you can see inside the protected cove. Outside must be a lot of fun trying to keep the chop from constantly coming over the side and worse when trying to come back and the wind and current are hitting is an angle getting you wet and the wind blowing in the direction it is now, blowing you north. Most times it's going in the opposite direction. On Thursday, some guys there in a group lost a newbie friend that was with them (how does a group of friends not keep an eye on an inexperienced buddy) He had been pushed by the current and wind and when he called a friend before the cell phone died. He was telling him his phone gps was marking he was by Del Mar. I think there was a mistake and was not likely that far north. Not fun when everyone is discussing whether they should talk to the lifeguards about their friend. Things out there can become life threatening in a heart beat. Too many are not carefull enough, for theirs or their friends safety.
Old 06-06-2020, 12:31 PM   #9
kevbeer

Z., I lived. Thanks for the company. How'd you do?

Fish11, thanks for the warning. I actually headed in earlier than expected once that wind and chop picked up. It was a bit too much for me.
Old 06-06-2020, 12:34 PM   #10
ZOLLERBILLS
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevbeer View Post
Z., I lived. Thanks for the company. How'd you do?

Fish11, thanks for the warning. I actually headed in earlier than expected once that wind and chop picked up. It was a bit too much for me.
Gave it another hour or so.. then I headed in with the rest of the herd. I think there were 5 trucks loading when I landed. Next time!

ZOLLERBILLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 06:34 AM   #11
Flounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISH11 View Post
10:50 am and there are four trucks on the sand loading the kayaks as they returned early, no doubt to the higher winds. I can see then all on the Shores Beach Web Cam. The water looks full of wind driven chop and that's what you can see inside the protected cove. Outside must be a lot of fun trying to keep the chop from constantly coming over the side and worse when trying to come back and the wind and current are hitting is an angle getting you wet and the wind blowing in the direction it is now, blowing you north. Most times it's going in the opposite direction. On Thursday, some guys there in a group lost a newbie friend that was with them (how does a group of friends not keep an eye on an inexperienced buddy) He had been pushed by the current and wind and when he called a friend before the cell phone died. He was telling him his phone gps was marking he was by Del Mar. I think there was a mistake and was not likely that far north. Not fun when everyone is discussing whether they should talk to the lifeguards about their friend. Things out there can become life threatening in a heart beat. Too many are not carefull enough, for theirs or their friends safety.
So that was the guy they kept trying to radio. It thinned out really quick when the wind picked up. Watched a boat land a nice Hali. water was too junky to troll so I put up the sail and it took me in at 3-4mph around 12.
Flounder is offline   Reply With Quote