Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-16-2010, 08:29 AM   #12
Rob929

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_rookie View Post
Thanks for all the great responses.

Jim - I did notice the date - figured things really don't change much in fishing and water unless it has to do with electronics.

I've got a dry top that cinches around the neck and wrists, but just has a string with a clamp thingy around the waist. PFD is always on - always. Found my radio clip, so that will be on the PFD as well.

I've crashed in the surf landing a number of times - worst one was up at San Elijo - wow...

Ok, so my plan will be to get a pair of waders, zipper in front, and rubber soled dive boots.

Next question... best spot to get them in SD? I say best for selection of sizes, I'm 6'2 and about 175-180, shoe size 12-13. Figuring XL Long. Might be slim picking on the boots since I need to go a size bigger. Big and Tall shop for kayakers/divers??? I would go on-line, but I prefer local for two reasons, support local business and to be able to try on for size.

Thanks again - very helpful. Great community.
I've been happy with the hodgman wadelite's. They retail for about $100 at sports authority, and every couple of months, sports authority does $25 off of $100 purchases(check www.sportsauthority.com for coupon). No zipper in front though. Also, finding your size wader with the larger foot size might be hard. I am 5'11, 190 w/ size 11 shoe, bought the Large waders.They are a little baggy, and the boot is even a little small for me. Either way, they stock a lot, so good place to try them on. Another option is to check Cabela's for sales/ closeouts. As for the cold- I wear socks under the waders
Rob929 is offline   Reply With Quote