Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2013, 04:32 PM   #21
jorluivil

That only happens little league.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 04:47 PM   #22
GregAndrew

2? it was at least 4 today Tony. Those sneaky little bastages were pretending to be Lizzard fish today, but I know better (I have espn).

Jorge, while I may be guilty of a few of those things, not a one of them is going to make anybody want to go kayak fishing. Unless that is the only way they are going to get a meal that day.

I like the concept here, too bad the thread got hijacked by insults/comedy (take your pick). Would be nice to recognize people that make a difference in the kayak community. I would nominate somebody like Pal, not just for his MLPA efforts, but for all his kayak related efforts. He has brought a kayakers perspective to print media. Or Jim Sammons, who has given us motivation, desire, publicity and new equipment. Or MakoBob, who has jumped in and done what everyone else thinks someone else should do (organize public trips to vacation locations). Just a few examples of people that make a difference in our sport that deserve recognition.
GregAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 05:19 PM   #23
dorado50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannowar View Post
How about everyone gets a trophy and we stop having to have a bloody award for everything.

Your walls must be full of awards......... so......your out.
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 05:29 PM   #24
dorado50

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregAndrew View Post
2? i

I like the concept here, too bad the thread got hijacked by insults/comedy (take your pick). Would be nice to recognize people that make a difference in the kayak community. I would nominate somebody like Pal, not just for his MLPA efforts, but for all his kayak related efforts. He has brought a kayakers perspective to print media. Or Jim Sammons, who has given us motivation, desire, publicity and new equipment. Or MakoBob, who has jumped in and done what everyone else thinks someone else should do (organize public trips to vacation locations). Just a few examples of people that make a difference in our sport that deserve recognition.

Sometimes I feel like kayak fishing and BWE is dying a slow death. Probably not so but still cross's my mind occasionally. This concept(different than most others) may/could add more interest to this site and kayak fishing in general?.

Lets not forget about the Darkhorse either.....
Old 12-01-2013, 08:23 PM   #25
driftwood

I wasn't really going to say anything in this thread. But triple chin made me think....the one person that always motivated me to go fishing was Josh. (Darkhorse)
driftwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 08:37 PM   #26
Drake

How about the people behind the scenes? CJ for his work with HOW, Andy for all he has poured into the kayak community, and Adi for dealing with the forums. How about Brent? Do half of you even know who Brent is? Yet he has a big hand in what is going on with this sport.

These guys have taken their love for this hobby and made it a full time job to keep the community breathing.

There are too many people to consider, and all have their own things to contribute. To give the award to any one person, would be to discredit those who didn't win. No one remembers the nominees, only the winner.

I'm not trying to troll, and I do think this is a great idea, but to single handedly recognize one person is too difficult. How about we acknowledge everyone worthy of consideration for their individual contributions?
Old 12-01-2013, 10:30 PM   #27
lamb

Any idea that Dave puts out, I am all ears
Old 12-02-2013, 06:25 AM   #28
dorado50

My rational: Its really not about what people have done in the past but maybe more of what someone contributes (or whatever) for this upcoming year(2014) for example. And yes, Brent,Adi,CJ, whomever could be candidates as well. Its all good, just one guys thoughts! D50 over and out
Old 12-02-2013, 07:30 AM   #29
wiredantz
Currently @ MLO Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiskadoro View Post
I mean all you new guys don't get it. Real fishermen never post jack to help others
(Last edited by Fiskadoro to say: "Damn I just hit 1300")

Real fisherman as define by Webster Dictionary of the Careless Association

Is defined as: Team Sewer is the epitomy of what is takes to be a real fisherman

I would like to nominate:

Greg " for his reviving rods that were once thought as dead.
Jimday For always sharing knowledge to what he considers to be truth
TEAM OEX For allowing this website to be up
TONY For introducing us to BUsy Bee
Roby for catching the biggest halibut of his life on a SABIKI
Wade and Ryan for setting up Fishing Events

I was going to put Matt on the list, but he just thinks he is funny.

Team: Disbanded
You only have one chance in this life...make the right decision(s)...so you don't regret it

Last edited by wiredantz; 12-02-2013 at 07:48 AM.
wiredantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 07:47 AM   #30
Jimmyz123

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado50 View Post
award....maybe or could be a new addition to BWE!. Given out to someone who makes a difference for this kayak fishing community. Some great efforts come to mind already, Wade and his tourneys, Makobob's efforts to bring kayak fisherman together, Pal and his efforts against the mlpa,to name a few. A list of nominees at the end of the year,voted on by BWE members.......just a thought.

I like the idea of this. It's possible that maybe we should have quarterly nominations for people that have done great things to promote the sport, site, groups, or whatever.

This site use to be packed with people that would post regularly and not worry about what was posted, or any of that. There are a lot of great contributors on this site, and I like this idea.

I'm willing to help with the setup of this if you need help.

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:59 AM   #31
cabojohn
PROBATION

Coolio D50.

Couple guys here deserve a vote for angler/ sportsman of the year ...a couple fools deserve to be thrown over board. (take your pick)

I am going to nominate ROSSMAN & STEVEO.
These guys consistantly give back, help others and are really cool guys on and off the water. Great anglers too!
I also need to nominate MOYER ~ DESTROYER.
He's a helluva fisherman and he turned me on to Ballast Point Cerveza ...nuff said.

To Ross, Steve & Matt...
cabojohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 12:24 PM   #32
ful-rac
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabojohn View Post
Couple guys here deserve a vote for angler/ sportsman of the year ...a couple fools deserve to be thrown over board. (take your pick)

Ok we can start by throwing FRANK overboard....
Old 12-02-2013, 12:39 PM   #33
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ful-rac View Post

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:13 PM   #34
wiredantz
Currently @ MLO Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by ful-rac View Post
Well i got you on film, when you threw yourself overboard last year

Team: Disbanded
You only have one chance in this life...make the right decision(s)...so you don't regret it

Last edited by wiredantz; 12-02-2013 at 01:20 PM.
wiredantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:33 PM   #35
Dannowar

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredantz View Post
Well i got you on film, when you threw yourself overboard last year

Ayoooooooooo
Old 12-02-2013, 01:37 PM   #36
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabojohn View Post
Coolio D50.

I am going to nominate ROSSMAN & STEVEO.
These guys consistantly give back, help others and are really cool guys on and off the water. Great anglers too!
I also need to nominate MOYER ~ DESTROYER.
He's a helluva fisherman and he turned me on to Ballast Point Cerveza ...nuff said.

To Ross, Steve & Matt...
I give a hardy 2nd to Steveooo and Matt but that Ross guy is a prick and probably wants nothing to do with this.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
"When beholding the tranquil beauty and brilliancy of the ocean’s skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it; and would not willingly remember that this velvet paw but conceals a remorseless fang. "
— Herman Melville

Y'all come see me now, hear!
rossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 08:19 AM   #37
Old Man in the Sea

Send a message via Yahoo to Old Man in the Sea
we have the first second...

I will second Frank's nomination provided FRANK re-posts his 2 funniest videos from his collection of movies....

And Remember when the "Old Man in the Sea" speaks...All good looking kayak fishermen listen...

AND I also had a friend start rolling up a dung ball in east county for anybody who doesn't like my decision....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0917p5-The-Most-Interesting-Man-in-the-World (1).jpg (46.3 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg dungbeetle.jpg (78.9 KB, 40 views)
Old Man in the Sea is offline   Reply With Quote