Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-01-2020, 01:55 PM   #1
KamWalsh14
Junior

First Year Kayak Fishing SD

Hello all, I moved to SD a few years ago and started fishing LJ from a yak a little over a year ago. I've been a lurker on this forum for awhile but figured I'd post some fish pics from the past year. I started off mostly targeting sheephead and bass but switched focus to YT late in the summer (I had sporadically put in a bunch of tries throughout the early summer but when I became the only guy in my group chat of yak fishing buddies who still hadn't gotten one it definitely fueled the fire!). I also put a good amount of time into bay fishing for bass, halibut, bonefish, and corvina. My tentative goals for next year are to run into a big yellow, a big halibut, and/or a legal ghost. Getting bonefish dialed in on artificials would be fun too. Hope to run into some of you on the water this next year.

Also, I gotta ask because I'm a newcomer without any reference of the fishery prior to this year. After reading through a lot of the old posts on this site, was LJ really that much better "back in the day" or are guys just a lot more tight lipped when it bites nowadays? I was lucky enough to be out there a couple days this year where the yellows were down (and missed out on quite a few more days like that) but it seemed pretty tough overall, not just for me but for the majority of other guys I'd see on the water and talk to back at the launch.
Attached Images

Last edited by KamWalsh14; 12-01-2020 at 02:01 PM.
KamWalsh14 is offline   Reply With Quote