Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 07-08-2009, 08:19 PM   #21
tattuna

Thanx for sharing and gettin those pics up! I love it down there, I'll be there in a couple weeks myself.

I think that spotted cabrilla is a little baby gulf grouper. Correct me if I'm wrong...
Old 07-08-2009, 11:01 PM   #22
Tman
BRTF...bought & paid...

Wow...just got to see the pics, ouch...bet it was a tough choice between staying longer and leaving.

I assume you had a little clam stew going there?

I am thinking I may need to make a trip down there, Utopia...

Think that is a grouper, by the squarish spots, cabrillas have more of a bar type pattern, could be wrong...

Regardless, thanks for the pics, I've got that itchin' again...

Tman
Gaffer for Clay the Fishcatcher
Tman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 08:42 AM   #23
Trout
Looks are everything

... you just reminded me, I need to finish my 'cisquito story. I am 90% done with a 'cisquito story/report from a trip over two years ago that has been sittin' around in my desk. What an amazing place. Those photos brought back memories and we have a lot of similar photos. We almost got sucked out to sea off the point there... not a fond memory and that was the last time I was really $h!tt!ing in my pants on a yak. The currents are what the fishing so good there, but also the thing that can literally kill you. Nice photos
Old 07-10-2009, 04:58 AM   #24
'Cuda

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbarrels View Post
Looks like the end of Sept is going to work for Abreojos instead. I couldn't find the coverage for beginning of Oct. Does it shut down on the full moon down there? Need to check the Pacific Coast charts for whale rock and Pataki area...couldn't find in my other Maps/books...Abreojos vs. LA Bocana...which is bettter for the yak and lauching? Abreojos picks up a lot of south swell....Razors on the Yak anyone?
Few boats go out during the full moon. I camped near the light house at Abreojos and launched from there...this was in Dec. so there was no swell. A 30 min. paddle straight out puts you on a shallow rocky shoal for grouper...another 15 min. is a drop off to 100ft depth for black seabass, YT, dorado and yellowfin. La Bocana is a 20 min. drive north along the estuary....you can't launch from the mouth because of the strong tidal surges but there is a bay northwest of town. Check out mexfish.com...back issues 2006......nov. 27th...under "Baja California coast fishing". Send me your e-mail and I'll share some pics.
'Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 07:57 AM   #25
bigbarrels

sounds great! PM sent
bigbarrels is offline   Reply With Quote