Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Buy, Sell, or Trade Kayak Fishing Gear

Old 01-02-2021, 07:12 PM   #1
FullFlavorPike

the cheapest 8' jig stick

Those cheap lever drags proved too rich for the BWE blood thus far, so I'll come in even more under budget with a cheap 8' jigstick for the new year.

Have you ever wanted one of those gorgeous Calstar west coast deckhand 270H-8 jig sticks but you only had $40? Or maybe you always wanted to know if you could fling the iron on an old school glass rod (I sure can't!). If so, maybe this Sabre Stroker 880 15-30# deckhand rod is the stick for you! Big 5s are known to be full of coronavirus, so come get one from me and it's much much safer.

As a bonus, you get a seine twine "reel seat," placed right where I think it ought to be so you don't crush the blank with your rod clamp. Cork puppies are for suckers.

I'd say you can't beat that with a stick...but after you shell out $40, you'll have the beater stick of your dreams!
FullFlavorPike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 12:47 PM   #2
JohnMckroidJr

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullFlavorPike View Post
Those cheap lever drags proved too rich for the BWE blood thus far, so I'll come in even more under budget with a cheap 8' jigstick for the new year.

Have you ever wanted one of those gorgeous Calstar west coast deckhand 270H-8 jig sticks but you only had $40? Or maybe you always wanted to know if you could fling the iron on an old school glass rod (I sure can't!). If so, maybe this Sabre Stroker 880 15-30# deckhand rod is the stick for you! Big 5s are known to be full of coronavirus, so come get one from me and it's much much safer.

As a bonus, you get a seine twine "reel seat," placed right where I think it ought to be so you don't crush the blank with your rod clamp. Cork puppies are for suckers.

I'd say you can't beat that with a stick...but after you shell out $40, you'll have the beater stick of your dreams!
If I still lived in SoCal, I would be all over it. Love my old Sabre blanks, both with seine twine and corktape.
JohnMckroidJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 08:17 PM   #3
FullFlavorPike

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMckroidJr View Post
If I still lived in SoCal, I would be all over it. Love my old Sabre blanks, both with seine twine and corktape.
Sadly, this is not the Sabre of old; just an inexpensive rod that bears the Sabre name. Still perfectly capable of catching a fish though!
FullFlavorPike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 03:55 PM   #4
Oolie
Headshots Only

I'd have taken you up on those lever drags if I wasn't set on gear. I'm switching everything to braid, so ceramic guides or else.
Oolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 04:55 PM   #5
JohnMckroidJr

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullFlavorPike View Post
Sadly, this is not the Sabre of old; just an inexpensive rod that bears the Sabre name. Still perfectly capable of catching a fish though!
Bummer, I did not recognize the 880 blank number.
JohnMckroidJr is offline   Reply With Quote