Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2011, 08:59 PM   #1
Matar
I am just me.

Boat owners.

Headed out this morning to the north kelp Feild. Had 6 nice calicos by 630-700. Then that's when the boats really started to show up and not a single bit from there. they kelp buzzing the south face where the bit was the best and letting the motors idle. When will they learn that this can and will scare fish off. Better yet, why do they think they don't have to obay the rules and speed limits. Almost flipped inside the harbor because some yahoo was plowing through the main chanel. Sorry just had to vent.
Matar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 06:37 AM   #2
dorado50

That boat guy was probably saying to himself,"that moron in the kayak needs to get out of the middle of the channel" Your knowledge of boating and all things fishing is beyond your years!
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 01:53 PM   #3
The Freediver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matar View Post
Headed out this morning to the north kelp Feild. Had 6 nice calicos by 630-700. Then that's when the boats really started to show up and not a single bit from there. they kelp buzzing the south face where the bit was the best and letting the motors idle. When will they learn that this can and will scare fish off. Better yet, why do they think they don't have to obay the rules and speed limits. Almost flipped inside the harbor because some yahoo was plowing through the main chanel. Sorry just had to vent.

I feel your pain now more as a Freediver than I ever did as a kayaker. People have no regards to laws or the concept of a dive flag. I've seen motor roar right over my head more than once while people blasted right by my dive flag. Some people will never get it.
Old 07-31-2011, 03:53 PM   #4
GregAndrew

Unfortunately, all you need is a hull and a motor to be an idiot on the water. They really should have to pass a basic safety test or course at least.
GregAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 04:36 PM   #5
dorado50

Kinda like our roadways. Yea theres more aholes on the water all the time. Key words "on the water". Deal with it or go home.............
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 03:32 PM   #6
dos ballenas
Vampyroteuthis infernalis

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregAndrew View Post
Unfortunately, all you need is a hull and a motor to be an idiot on the water. They really should have to pass a basic safety test or course at least.
These days it seems that you don't even need a motor. There are plenty of idiots out there on unregistered vessels.

dos ballenas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 03:43 PM   #7
cajunman

As a kayaker and owner of a Whaler, I think i go out of my way to be courteous to my fellow kayakers,if i don't call me on it. But i agree, there are a large amount of idiots on the water. Case in point, I was fishing last month, in the Bay in my Whaler in the area of the Convention center. Out of the blue, two Wave runners ( rentals it seemed) blasted by. One sees me pulling in a bass, turns around, and barrels right up to my boat, " Sir, can i take a picture?", but doesn't stop and runs into my boat. Apologizes, backs up, then hits me again. Doesn't know backwards from forwards. He never got to take the picture because i threw a few choice words his way. He could not figure out why i was mad. The kicker was that as he left the last time, he gunned it and threw a big rooster tail on me and my boat. Idiots drive many choices of vehicles
rich
cajunman is offline   Reply With Quote