Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2014, 03:34 PM   #21
true
Junior

So more importantly since this was a benefit event, HOW much was raised for HOW between the shirt sales and the event?
true is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 04:08 PM   #22
WildernessWanker
WildernessWanker

Was all the swag given out? I was entered but unable to attend after the schedule change and was just curious about being able to possibly get one of the shirts that was included with the entry? Not trying to sound like a d!@k who wants free stuff, just love fishing shirts.

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk
WildernessWanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 04:21 PM   #23
erinoo

ful-rac is one fish cleaning son of a gun..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ful-rac View Post
Yeah hangn out at the beach all day was fun. Watchn guys come in some safely some not so much....As some of you heard i caught captain america on video as well as a couple of wipeouts, not as much as i wanted to but i got the main one...jorge in his new PA!

Yeah team sewer stepped up, we did what we could, but so did Mrpatrick and erinoo and John from the marlin club. Without their help it would have been alot tougher on us. Glad you guys were there to help the helpers.
erinoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 04:30 PM   #24
Cbad Mike

AWSOME event!

LETS DO IT AGAIN NEXT SATURDAY!!!

Last edited by Cbad Mike; 04-06-2014 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Because I've been drinking so it looked like Yakjoe wrote it the first time
Cbad Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 08:31 PM   #25
ful-rac
Emperor

So mike how did it go with the cat lady...? did you score?
Old 04-06-2014, 09:31 PM   #26
Cbad Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by ful-rac View Post
So mike how did it go with the cat lady...? did you score?
Big time in her rolling litter box that she calls a car.
I wore my GoPro on my head for a POV video that came out like you were actually there minus the 9lives stench. In one part it kinda looks like I'm eating a pissed off Main Coon who has been out in the rain for a few weeks. I'll send you a copy.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:22 AM   #27
blitzburgh

It was a fun day! I wish I could have made the BBQ after but had to get home to my lil' one. Thanks Neil!
Old 04-07-2014, 08:16 AM   #28
steveooo

What a fun day. Huge shout out to Drake for putting the whole event together. It was obvious that a lot of hard work and planning went into the tourney. Also a huge thanks to Team Sewer for stepping up and helping out with both the sign-ins as well as cooking for the group. You guys were cranking out fried fish like there was no tomorrow.

Kayakers were well represented in the tourney. Kayakers could only use fish they caught on their own, but the boats could use fish from anyone on the boat to come up with a combined weight. Even with that handicap, kayakers took 3 out of the top 5 spots that were weighed in. Jorge took 1st in the yak division, and I was .02 of a lb (Ouch!) behind him for 2nd place. I think a fish fart weighs about 2/100’s of a pound, but the scale wouldn’t move even a tiny bit more. I still got a cool $150 for 2nd place, plus some additional cash for the jackpot vermillion, and I scored a rod/reel combo in the raffle, as well as a ½ day guided trip with the one and only Jim Sammons (I choose a ½ day in Panama). Pretty good day overall.

I forgot to take pics. Here are the only 2 I managed to snap.

Here is my buddy James with his stringer. Thanks to Andy for bringing down the rental yak.

Here is my kicker red. He was tasty fish tacos last night.

Super fun day. Nice to see a lot of old faces, and to meet a few new guys. Really looking forward to doing this again next year.

Steve
steveooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:38 AM   #29
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveooo View Post
Kayakers were well represented in the tourney. Kayakers could only use fish they caught on their own, but the boats could use fish from anyone on the boat to come up with a combined weight. Even with that handicap, kayakers took 3 out of the top 5 spots that were weighed in. Jorge took 1st in the yak division, and I was .02 of a lb (Ouch!) behind him for 2nd place. I think a fish fart weighs about 2/100’s of a pound, but the scale wouldn’t move even a tiny bit more.

Steve

Matt: Jorge, do you want the good news or the bad news first?
Me: Bad news first
Matt: You're still Mexican
Me: and the good news?
Matt: You're still in the lead.....................by .02lbs

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:46 AM   #30
ful-rac
Emperor

Pictures in no particular order

Old 04-07-2014, 02:01 PM   #31
kayakfisherman

Wow, what a great event. I hope we see it next year.
The group I was with, Team Savage, hunted all day
long for larger fish. We got our limits but nothing huge.

A three plus pounder was the best
we could do.

Congrats to George! That bag must of been hard work.

Good to see old friends and nice to make new ones. I wished
I could have gone to the shin-dig, but I was just too tired.

kayakfisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 02:37 PM   #32
Bert Vega
Tail Chaser!

I really wish I could have made this event. Great job Jorge congrats. Looks like everyone had a good time. Kudos to the group that put this event together. It takes allot of effort to put a event together. Great Job!! Your hard work is echoing through the comments on this thread.
Bert Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 03:38 PM   #33
tacmik

Jorge. Nice job on the fish. Also want to thank team sewer for stepping up at the fish fry. You look a little wet in your pict. What happened?
Old 04-07-2014, 04:09 PM   #34
Dannowar

Lol mike!!!!

Shoulda dropped that down for ling bait
Old 04-07-2014, 07:23 PM   #35
roby
CEO of Team Roby

Congrats Jorge!!!

Great cause, great weather, great fishing....

My two highlights were looking back at the waves while landing and then looking forward to the shores just in time to see the bottom of a brand new Hobie PA hull bobbing in the waves (the owner obviously flipped while landing) and then throwing two french fries at Matt and nailing him both times.

Last edited by roby; 04-07-2014 at 07:29 PM.
roby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:15 PM   #36
JeffB

Great turn out for first event. Great company. Kudos to all the guys who helped out and the donations for raffles and prize money. BIG shout out to Neil for going through with an idea that lead to an event that turned out being a smooth going event. I've thrown tournaments before and know some of the pain you've dealt with. Well done Sir and everyone else who was envolved.
Old 04-08-2014, 04:58 AM   #37
Phatford
Heroes on the Water Staff

Thankyou...

I had a great time and met a lot of great people. I learned that I love Tapatio on fried fish now... Wow was that good, or was it the beer? I am excited to say I will be back for next year!
Phatford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:38 AM   #38
TheBentRod

Even Jorge has a PA? I still haven't figured out how to get one on top of my van by myself yet. My workouts are helping, but I still don't think I am ready to lift one of those by myself.
TheBentRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:07 AM   #39
Rambo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBentRod View Post
Even Jorge has a PA? I still haven't figured out how to get one on top of my van by myself yet. My workouts are helping, but I still don't think I am ready to lift one of those by myself.
Look at the you tube video using the canoe/Kayak boat loader assist yakima. I've been loading and unloading the PA14 by myself after getting that on my scion xb. That extended bar really helps and quite sturdy.
Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 02:17 PM   #40
driftwood

I arrived at the launch by 4:30 am. Matt was already set up for everyone to sign in. By the time I landed around 3pm, Matt was still there to sign people out and weigh their fish.

I was impressed with stinky Matt how he sacrificed his time to make everyone feel welcomed. How many hours did you sleep that Friday night Matt? Good Job Matt!!!

Drake...your the man thank you!!! and many others at the launch that morning.
driftwood is offline   Reply With Quote