Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 02-16-2021, 08:00 AM   #1
FullFlavorPike

Big Bay -- 2/15/21 -- No Fish, Nice Pedal

Took advantage of a rare opportunity to go for a tandem pedal in the Oasis with my wife and not the toddler. Covered a bunch of the big bay with 2.5 to 3 hours of pedaling, but couldn't get anything more than a few short bites on a green swimbait. No fish, but it sure beat working! Getting a late start probably had a lot to do with the lack of fish, but you take them as you get them. Did manage to pluck a few pieces of floating garbage and a pristine Quiksilver hat out of the water

I have seen some good reports of people catching barracuda in the bay, and I trolled an underspin for a loooooong time hoping for some of that action, but no love from slimey boys. I like the idea of catching cuda on light tackle, but I've never managed to get one in the big bay. Oh well, try try again.

Anybody here know what the rule is on going near the naval base? I don't want to get chased off by an angry sailor in a zodiac, but there's some structure over yonder I like the look off.
FullFlavorPike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 06:32 AM   #2
cris

I’ve had good luck trolling small crank baits just off Kellogg by the tip of shelter island and from there up to the bait barge.
cris is offline   Reply With Quote