Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Buy, Sell, or Trade Kayak Fishing Gear

Old 08-07-2017, 08:49 AM   #1
goldenglory18

FS/FT: Okuma Helios / Quantum Smoke Bass Rig

Up for grabs is a sweet little bay bass rig that I've been using to catch the majority of my first California fish on. The more time I spend in open water, the more I realize I need less bass rigs and more moderately heavy setups. Ideally I'd like to keep this as a combo - They really do pair well together and IMO are best served to stay as a set. I've fought and landed some awesome fish on this rig!

Okuma Helios w/micro guides 7' MH + Quantum Smoke Inshore
$180

ROD:
Okuma Helios w/ micro guides 7'MH - Super light rod that I've used to throw everything from dropshot rigs, 110 sized jerkbaits, 3/8 oz underspins, and even weightless plastics like flukes/shads. There is a surprising amount of backbone in this rod with an awesome warranty to back it up. I have the original tag and should have the receipt for warranty if its ever needed.

REEL:
Quantum Smoke Inshore - Super light weight reel that pairs really well with the Helios rod. This reel makes the MH stick feel a lot lighter than it really is. Spooled with 15lbs Powerpro with a decent run of 10lbs Flouro leader. I have the original box.

Trade Bait: Live bait rig, or possibly another 8' jig stick. Let me know what you have and we can chat (I have $$ on my end of needed...)

Last edited by goldenglory18; 07-02-2018 at 02:15 PM.
goldenglory18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 09:18 AM   #2
FullFlavorPike

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenglory18 View Post
U I'm out of rod space in my quiver
The lie we all tell ourselves... glws
FullFlavorPike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 09:36 AM   #3
goldenglory18

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullFlavorPike View Post
The lie we all tell ourselves... glws
Unfortunately since moving to Los Angeles, I'm actually physically limited by space. Unlike when I lived in AZ and had a whole room+garage for my toys, now I have a single corner of a single closet with a 6 space rod rack. Anything rod/reel I buy that's beyond that racks capacity to hold, has to be stored in my car. LOL
Old 08-07-2017, 02:24 PM   #4
Hunters Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenglory18 View Post
Unfortunately since moving to Los Angeles, I'm actually physically limited by space. Unlike when I lived in AZ and had a whole room+garage for my toys, now I have a single corner of a single closet with a 6 space rod rack. Anything rod/reel I buy that's beyond that racks capacity to hold, has to be stored in my car. LOL
Ceiling mounted rod racks are your friend.
Hunters Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 05:53 AM   #5
goldenglory18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunters Pa View Post
Ceiling mounted rod racks are your friend.
In a garage/mancave, you bet. in a 700sqft apartment, not a chance in hell. LOL

Great rig here guys. Those of you looking to hunt those keeper sized butts in the bays this is the one for you...
Old 08-08-2017, 07:19 AM   #6
Denis_Ruso

Dude Takes care of his gear. You can be rest assured this setup was well taken care of. Bump for you sir.

I do not fear the storm as it will teach me how to sail my ship.
Denis_Ruso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 07:41 AM   #7
goldenglory18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis_Ruso View Post
Dude Takes care of his gear. You can be rest assured this setup was well taken care of. Bump for you sir.
Thanks dude!

Forgot to mention this comes with a BPS neoprene reel cover. Perfect for those surf launches when fishing inshore kelp beds....
Old 08-08-2017, 09:49 AM   #8
Hunters Pa

Might be interested in this. Let me look at what I have to offer up in trade. Are you dead-set on low profile reels?
Old 08-08-2017, 10:54 AM   #9
goldenglory18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunters Pa View Post
Might be interested in this. Let me look at what I have to offer up in trade. Are you dead-set on low profile reels?
Yeah, kinda. I'm even considering getting rid of my Saltist H-C 20LW that I've only used twice. They (round reels) just don't feel right in my hands yet and with the capacity and capability of the new low-pro reels, its hard to fight that urge.

Either way, shoot me what you have if you're interested. You never know until you know...
Old 08-08-2017, 11:21 AM   #10
Hunters Pa

I hear ya.

I might be looking at moving out of state, away from the salt (not til next year though) so I might be looking to start streamlining the collection and building more of a freshwater arsenal, keeping a core stash of saltwater capability.
Old 07-02-2018, 02:14 PM   #11
goldenglory18

Back up on the market bump. PM for pics if interested.

Reel was recently (about a month ago) serviced by Action Fishing Tackle off Chatsworth here in the Valley. Looking to trade for a live bait rig or possibly another 8' jig stick...