Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2016, 05:11 PM   #1
El.Mariachi
Junior

first timer

hello. im wondering if anyone can help me out. it will be my first time fishing at LJ but the only problem is that i dont know where to launch from. i live in santa ana and if if anyone can help that would be great. thank you and God bless you.
El.Mariachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 07:22 PM   #2
Murray

Normal launch site has been washed out so go to the public park/parking north of avenida de la playa, I believe. You will need wheels to get your kayak back south to the normal launch site where the surf is smaller. Make sure you pick your day as the ocean is super kicked up after the winds we have had. Check google maps to see what I am talking about. If you are solo, just ask for help to get your yak down to the sand.
Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 07:29 PM   #3
chuckt

Is the whole street (leading to the sand) closed out from the stop sign? or you can still drive in next to the hotel and drop off kayak?
thanks
chuckt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 08:17 PM   #4
Phishphood

Whole street is closed at the beach including sidewalk
Phishphood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 08:23 PM   #5
chuckt

How's the kayak rental guys hauling their kayaks now? must be a lot of work for them.
chuckt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 10:18 PM   #6
maquinapescado

Do what I do. Get there from midnight to 0400, park at the launch to unload, park, walk back and roll your kayak off the two foot drop. Done.
Old 02-03-2016, 05:16 PM   #7
El.Mariachi
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murray View Post
Normal launch site has been washed out so go to the public park/parking north of avenida de la playa, I believe. You will need wheels to get your kayak back south to the normal launch site where the surf is smaller. Make sure you pick your day as the ocean is super kicked up after the winds we have had. Check google maps to see what I am talking about. If you are solo, just ask for help to get your yak down to the sand.
Thank you very much. I was hoping someone would help me.
El.Mariachi is offline   Reply With Quote