Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 11-15-2016, 10:39 AM   #1
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
DREAMS ATTAINED

Everyone dreams of the things they would like to achieve in life. Some of us actually realize these dreams. Did YOU reach a goal or dream this year? Did you take a special trip, catch that bucket list fish, or chase that dream and come just a little closer in bringing it to reality?

Mahigeer did.
Svendawg did.
Iceman did.
Rossman does EVERYDAY.
Buddha did 3X.
Makobob did 15X.
Mike Scales did.
Domtesta27 did 2X.
Kirkdavis did 2X.
Deamon soon will.
MrPukaShell did 20X.
SDROB did.
Geno Machino did.
Wyota did.
MITCHELL did.
Michael15 did 5X.
Taggermike did 2X.
Rock Hopper did 3X.
Manstahfish did 2X.
Mr Fixit did 30X.
2-Stix did 15X.
SorryCharlie did.
Fishnstix did.

YOU did too, tell us about it. What did you do to make it happen, how could it have been better, did you bring a friend??? Will you do it again or follow a new dream? Tight Lines and Happy Holidays.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN

Last edited by makobob; 11-18-2016 at 06:19 PM.
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 10:53 AM   #2
kirkdavis

I got a two in one!

My first big fish on my yak and my biggest fish ever! See " first BSB" posted on Nov 7 in the fishing reports forum. I am still stoked and ready for a WSB , yT and Hali from my yak. Life is GOOD! I am blessed to have a supportive wife and time to fish and hunt more often than in the past.
Also, this year I hunted elk with a Ruger model 1 I inherited from my dad. My goal was to make a neck shot like he normally did. I shot a nice fat cow elk in the neck on the day before what would have been my dad's 80th birthday.
kirkdavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 11:08 AM   #3
Mahigeer

Thanks to Bob's encouragement, I put in to motion and I realize a 50 plus years dream of fly fishing in Canada.

You may have seen my long post about it.

Thanks Bob.
Mahigeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 11:31 AM   #4
Deamon

I'm about to...! Leaving Sunday for two weeks in Bahia Asuncion with brotha Ross, MakoRoberto and Jeffrey!
"The reality is that the wall was built to keep all Asians ~specifically Japanese and those that think they're japanese~ out of the U.S"

Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 11:58 AM   #5
MrPukaShell

Here goes, I dream every day I wake up. From what my wife has been telling me I dream while sleeping due to me muttering. Here are some of the things I got accomplished this year. Fished on 4 charters with my Dark Kings brothers and sisters. Fished one charter with the Get Bent folks. Made my annual camping trip to Carpinteria in April. Took a week vacation on Kauai with some friends and then spent 10 days on the Big Island with the wife. Made a camping trip to Oregon where 4 life long friends spent a week fishing and telling stories. Camped at the beach with the 4 grandkids (4, 6, 9 & 11). Made another annual camping trip at the beach with 4 families that date back 25 years. Had a Big Sur trip planned but the campground was closed due to the fire. Spent 8 days at Las Encantadas with some old and new friends. Just got back from a 2-day and got to chase 100 pound tuna. So did I knock off some of my dreams, yes I did. This does not include days with the wife or family, kayaking days, fishing the surf, watching the sunrise or sunset as I dream of these things too. Also dreamed of getting across the border quicker so I applied for Global Entry/Sentri as soon as I got back from my last trip. Gotta dream to make things happen. So happy the year is not over.
MrPukaShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 12:40 PM   #6
SDROB
Malibu Stealth 12

I had a dream a few years ago when I met MakoBob about getting a place of my own in Baja. MakoBob was the first person I told about it, during one of our trips to San Quintin. In fact I was close to getting a place there in San Quintin.

Less than a year later me and Bob both had our place in Gonzaga. Now Bob has 2 places.

Iv'e told you before but it doesn't hurt to remind you. Thank you Bob for helping, make my dream come true!

I'm telling ya, you have to keep these suckers on a game clip until just before you drop them in the frying pan.(Rossman)
SDROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 12:49 PM   #7
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Right on Rob you are welcome, and remember YOU reignited MY old dream. Life can be so rewarding if you roll with her moods and stay open to the possibilities that are presented to you. Tight Lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDROB View Post
I had a dream a few years ago when I met MakoBob about getting a place of my own in Baja. MakoBob was the first person I told about it, during one of our trips to San Quintin. In fact I was close to getting a place there in San Quintin.

Less than a year later me and Bob both had our place in Gonzaga. Now Bob has 2 places.

Iv'e told you before but it doesn't hurt to remind you. Thank you Bob for helping, make my dream come true!

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 11-15-2016, 01:59 PM   #8
Geno Machino
"Relax"

Triple digit BFT - Bucket List...Check

Caught 5 fish over 100 pounds this year, with this one my largest at 137#'s. Next cast was a 113# fish which gave me a 2 fish limit of 250 pounds.

Popper fish...now on to a 10# Brown on a fly rod.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1367.jpg (74.0 KB, 358 views)

Last edited by Geno Machino; 11-15-2016 at 02:04 PM.
Geno Machino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 08:52 PM   #9
Wyota

Good post Bob. Whatever our individual dream is we should reach for it. Bout the time my dad turned 60 and I was close to 30, he told me "All those things you say you will do one day, start doing 'em". We lost him 12 years later and I know there were more things he wanted to do. I took his advice to heart and have been fulfilling my adventure dreams ever since. Too many already fulfilled to list here and too many more still to go. To everyone Happy Holidays and start doing those things!
Wyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 04:05 AM   #10
MITCHELL
Sea Hunter

Location: Where ever I may roam where I lay my head I call home.
Send a message via AIM to MITCHELL
Still working on it......

I hope to go out rockin...and finger pick my way to heaven.... tight lines my friends
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20161116_045635.jpg (49.9 KB, 290 views)

Last edited by MITCHELL; 11-17-2016 at 04:11 AM.
MITCHELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 06:00 AM   #11
Michael15
Junior

I recently joined the forum and this is my first post. I reached a few of my dreams this year, first off I retired at the end of July and have been traveling fly fishing in Colorado, Montana, Belize and headed to Patagoinia in December. I'm thankful my wife is supportive and encourages me to chase my dreams!

I've not purchased a kayak yet but I am going on a guided kayak fishing charter as soon as this supermoon thing passes. I'm really excited to learn and then ultimately pursue more yak fishing here in San Diego area as well as other places.

I'm glad to have found this forum and have already learned a ton just reading through the threads. I hope to meet/fish with you guys soon enough!
Michael15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 07:39 AM   #12
taggermike

Ive gotten back in to surfing. That was a goal. Made a sea of Cortez trip after a long absence. Caught 10 species in 2 days, including a golden grouper and my first Cabrilla. Mike
taggermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 08:46 AM   #13
Rock Hopper

Great thread!

I went on two NCKA Islander trips this year, a 3.5 day and a 2.5 day trip that I chartered. The 3.5 day trip ended up being the first trip of the Islander's season and our 2.5 day trip was the last trip of the season. Quite a few trips were cancelled due to weather this year, but we were blessed with outstanding conditions on both of our trips. Both trips were NCKA trips so both were fun packed days with some of my best friends ever. These were my 5th and 6th Islander trips, respectively.

On this year's 3.5 day trip I caught 7 YT from 9-17lbs. It was the first time one of our annual NCKA trips happened upon a great YT bite. I think we ended up with 91 YT for the trip.

On the 2.5 day trip I caught 9 YT, including a personal best 29lb. and my first YT on an artificial - a little 13lb'er on a Big Hammer ripped across the surface.

This year I also went on my first non-kayak boat trip with 8 of my NCKA homies. We hopped on the Pac Queen for their last trip of the season. It was a 2.5 day trip and we ended up back at San Clemente for the hot YFT bite. I was spoiled and the fishing was pretty much wide open. I caught 3 the first day and two the second day.....but I probably could've caught as many more as I wanted to on the second day. We made one stop and stayed on the fish all morning. We ended up with 175 YFT for 29 anglers. My very first tuna ever was a 41lb'er and the rest of mine were between 30lbs and 35lbs.
Rock Hopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 08:57 AM   #14
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Mike, sure wish you could have been there for the roosters! Tight Lines, and for the rest of you out there DREAMING about your goals, 2017 needs to be YOUR YEAR. Dream about it, plan for it, then DO IT, it WILL do your soul GOOD. Happy Holidays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taggermike View Post
Ive gotten back in to surfing. That was a goal. Made a sea of Cortez trip after a long absence. Caught 10 species in 2 days, including a golden grouper and my first Cabrilla. Mike

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 11-16-2016, 01:35 PM   #15
Mahigeer

Hi Rock Hopper,

Good to see your post.

This is great place and to meet likeminded (well sort of) people who like kayak fishing.
Mahigeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 04:52 PM   #16
buddha

Makobob, Sven, Rossman and I started all this madness the day after Christmas of 2013 for a 10 day trip to Bahia Asuncion. Of course Roberto ran with it and got carried away. Rossman ran with it big time also.

Thanks guys I had been thinking about Asuncion since 2009 and the dream came true.
buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 04:36 AM   #17
MITCHELL
Sea Hunter

Location: Where ever I may roam where I lay my head I call home.
Send a message via AIM to MITCHELL
Glad you guys our....

The baja kayak fishing explorers....I hope to be able to go again....went alot in my twentys...till then I'll be dreaming about going...keep living the dream... one note one cord at a time....
Old 11-17-2016, 06:58 AM   #18
monstahfish

4 rooster on the kayak... check
new zealand trip coming soon!
monstahfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 09:24 AM   #19
Mr_Fixit

I have been thinking a lot on this topic for a while. Kinda strange it shows up here. I was thinking back on my life, and thinking... what have I done?! So I made a list.... After all this, I still have some sanity. As for dreams, I have had many. Some were attained. Others not.

• Been homeless
• Lived in a van
• Served in the US Navy
• Crossed the equator
• Been through the Panama Canal
• Went around the horn of South America
• Saw a space shuttle entering the atmosphere
• Got a ride on a military hovercraft
• Been in a fire fight and fought fires
• Been married AND divorced
• Engineered a career from nothing
• Assisted many medical device companies successful produce life saving devices such as:
o MRI Systems
o Radiation Therapy
o Infusion pumps of various types
o Kidney Dialysis
o Ventilators
o Wound treatment systems
o Dozens of more minor systems
• Seen the Kremlin
• Walked across Red Square
• Touched Saint Basil’s Cathedral
• Been inside a 5000 year old stone age structure – older than the great pyramid
• Walked through Tiananmen Square
• Been inside The Forbidden City
• Walked on the Great Wall of China
• Kissed the Blarney Stone twice
• Stood atop the Cliffs of Moher
• Been to a couple dozen of countries
• Have three great kids and am putting them through college
• Been Kayak and Deep Sea fishing
• Brewed wine and beer
• Made my own cheese
• Assisted Olympic qualification runs for USA Canoe teams
• Helped process USA Olympians, handing out their equipment (Shirts, shoes, so on)
Mr_Fixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 09:47 AM   #20
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Not so strange it shows up here, yakers ARE people who DO enjoy life so we reach out for our dreams and goals. If you put a foot forward and take that 1st step you are already 1/2 way there. Life is to be LIVED, if you sit at home you never will experience the wonders that await us all.

Twenty years from NOW you will most regret the things you wanted to do and never did. Why did I not take that trip to...........................Why am I still setting here and dreaming about things I want to do and not out there actually doing them???? Life is short and no one knows what suprises it holds. Get out there and live your life, make 2017 the year you give your self the ultimate gift.
PERMISSION to enjoy what you work so hard for. Tight LInes and Happy Holidays, got to leave now as Asuncion is calling.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN