Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2016, 10:32 PM   #1
makoslayer

Lost Setup

creashed at LJm if you see a gaff, 3 planos w/some shimano lucanus, jitterbugm, rapals etc..., daiwa lexa and shimano sojourn (has my name and phone number on it, label maker) and a BMU-1 ball cap

Stealth 14 (Sand Camo)
makoslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 06:40 AM   #2
Harry Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by makoslayer View Post
creashed at LJm if you see a gaff, 3 planos w/some shimano lucanus, jitterbugm, rapals etc..., daiwa lexa and shimano sojourn (has my name and phone number on it, label maker) and a BMU-1 ball cap
wow, bad news there, I hope you get your stuff back.
Harry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 08:10 AM   #3
pingpangdang

Usually when the sun is overhead the water clarity is super good on a yak. Some days I can see nearly 10 feet. With all the recreational yackers out there its an easy find eventually. ..problem is those yackers are not a part of bwe. I would do some drive bys with just your yack...fun surfing waves too. A snorkel, mask and fins early morning would pay off. Sand is pretty packed and grade is gradual until too deep. With the surf today and tomorrow the fins may be the best option. ..it's amazing how far you can swim with fins.
pingpangdang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 11:38 AM   #4
makoslayer

Thanks for the tips. I need to grab a snorkel and mask. I have the fins. Might make it a expeditionary trip for lost gear. =/

Stealth 14 (Sand Camo)
makoslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 03:04 PM   #5
Mr. NiceGuy
Manic for Life

Be careful of the boats landing. I've had snorklers with their attention on looking for treasures on the bottom cross my path as I'm trying to land my own kayak safely.

I don't know if it happens, but that landing area seems like an accident waiting to happen, especially when the crowds pack in during hot summer weather. I've seen young kids playing in the surf there, oblivious of what's happening.