Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 07-13-2016, 10:35 AM   #21
Fishin Phil

Start saving $$$ and go for it! You like to fish, and this will give you so many more opportunities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegat95 View Post
There's a local/San Diego group that does pwc fishing. It's called Bloodyjetskis.com. And yeah, I have been so wanting to fish off a pwc for a while now. I do have a PA 14 and I do love it still but ease of use and range makes me seriously contemplate jumping in to the Jetski fishing bandwagon.
Old 07-13-2016, 10:38 AM   #22
Starsky

Congrats, looks like a really fun step up from kayak fishing.
Old 07-16-2016, 05:08 PM   #23
Fish Taco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishin Phil View Post
Well, after nine years of kayak fishing it was time to live my dream. I have always wanted to buy a boat but I did not have the storage. So, I did the next best thing.

Step #1 Sell my Pro Angler, roof rack and a lot of accessories.
I also installed my hitch and wiring kit. Complete.

Step 2 Ask a lot of questions about my new fishing experience to come. Other fishermen, forums, dealers, insurance cost, maintenance schedule and costs, etc. Complete.

Step 3 compare the brand names and find out which one is the most dependable and which model would fit my fishing habit. Complete

Step 4 Boat U.S. safety course (certified now), Hook 5, ACR emergency beacon, Vessel Assist, Platinum Products Aluminum Rod/Ice chest holder (complete). It has four vertical rod holders on the back and two 45 degree rod holders on the front for trawling. This rack is very nice, everything is welded and powder coated and it fits a marine igloo 52 quart ice chest perfectly. Aerator, bilge pump, waterproof timer switch, Pelican case new battery when the engine is turned off. Just about complete!

So, I am now the new owner of my new fishing platform. I will still need to install the fish finder and build the bait tank ice chest.
I still have to wait a few days since it was out of stock and will need to be delivered and assembled. Silver and Blue are my choice.

I am stoked! Definitely a sweet ride indeed.

If you don't mind me inquiring... what does a rig such as the one you set up cost on average? Sure seems like a great way to fish... especially rigged right like you've done. Congratulations!

Redondo Beach, CA
2011 Malibu Stealth 14
Fish Taco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 07:06 PM   #24
Fishin Phil

For the VX Cruiser and the Triton trailer it was about the price of four Pro Angler 12s.
Not including trailer hitch, wiring kit, locks, spare tire for trailer, and P.W.C. accessories.
Old 09-27-2016, 02:18 PM   #25
tunaseeker
TB Metal Art

Any updates Phil? How's it looking?
tunaseeker is offline   Reply With Quote