Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 06-24-2016, 05:30 PM   #1
Salsa
Junior

Howdy, Experienced kayak fisherman new to CAli and looking for fishing buds and safe launches

Howdy Team,
Thanks for welcoming me to the site. I'm new to California, based out of LA but with a wanderlust that'll take me to where the salty fish are. I am experienced in offshore from back home in Texas where we targeted kings, lings and snappers 3-7miles out, but am totally new to this West Coast style. Got a decent handle on tackle and technique, but I am interested in linking up with good people and safe (from hoodlums and neck breaking surf) launches. I am not looking for your secret fishing spot and respect the game. Please let me know if I may accompany any of yall on your next outing. I'll be launching from La Jolla this Monday and Tuesday morning and would be glad to meet any one at any time.
Thanks!

Salsa,
Salsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 09:33 PM   #2
619-SWIM-DOG

Welcome to BWE and the West. I'm not familiar with any LA areas. I'm in San Diego and primarily fish LJ or the big bay. Good luck in LJ this coming week.
619-SWIM-DOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 10:21 PM   #3
acorad

Welcome Salsa. I'm based in LA (Agoura Hills) and kinda new at all this, but the LA area has calico bass on the breakwalls and kelp beds (total blast!), bonito, YT some years, occasional WSB & stripers, etc., rockfish.

Honestly though, from my vantage point LJ is the bees knees. Wouldn't be surprised if you fished there a couple times and decide to move there!

Andy
acorad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 05:12 PM   #4
HobieOneCanoebe

monday

I might be interested in going out with you monday if the conditions are okay if not I'll be going out farther up north
HobieOneCanoebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 06:32 PM   #5
FISH11

Welcome to the west coast and BWE. Conditions look good for Monday at LJ. I will provably be out there. Good luck , it's not that hard to spot the areas, because you don't have to go out too far to find deeper water in LJ.