Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2014, 11:11 AM   #1
andrewtp
Awesome Possum

Harbor freight trailer?

Anybody use this? My bud lookin at it for his inflatable zodiac type boat.
I thought I read on here that the speed limit on them was 55.. So wouldn't to see if I could confirm that.

Andrew
andrewtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 11:18 AM   #2
MrM

The speed limit for trailers is 55mph. If you google "Harbor Freight Trailer Build" you'll see some great photos. Highly customize-able and super cheap when on sale. A little heavy compared to an aluminum trailer but they work great. Get the big tires.
Old 06-12-2014, 03:04 PM   #3
Lipripper92592

I picked up the "boat trailer" from HF modified it and it worked great to haul my zodiac from the central valley to the coast. IF you are dunking the trailer, get new bearings and bearing buddies, because those will go quite quickly. Keep your eye on rust as well. Light trailer and great price.
Lipripper92592 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 04:14 PM   #4
andrewtp
Awesome Possum

Thanks for replies

I understand the trailer limit is 55mph, but can the trailer handle say going 65? When trailering my boat I don't always stay at 55.

Andrew
andrewtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 04:37 PM   #5
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewtp View Post
Thanks for replies

I understand the trailer limit is 55mph, but can the trailer handle say going 65? When trailering my boat I don't always stay at 55.

Andrew
I hate to answer a question with a question but can you afford a ticket for driving over the speed limit?

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 05:30 PM   #6
CheapPelican

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewtp View Post
Anybody use this? My bud lookin at it for his inflatable zodiac type boat.
I thought I read on here that the speed limit on them was 55.. So wouldn't to see if I could confirm that.

Andrew
"...keep the stock wheels and install 155/80-12 steel belted radial car tires."

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=583128
Old 06-12-2014, 05:44 PM   #7
ctfphoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
I hate to answer a question with a question but can you afford a ticket for driving over the speed limit?
Having talked my way out of so many speeding tickets, it it ALWAYS good to have a great "story" for the cop as well as being super friendly to the officer.

My fishing kayak for sure got me out of a (reckless driving) ticket weaving in an out of traffic going over the 52 summit.

I say sorry officer kinda tired and want to get home after a long day of kayak fishing. Cop asks if I caught anything? I say ya sure, do you want to see? Then he says do you want to catch a ticket? (at this point I know I'm golden) and I say not really. He gives me verbal warning.

Few months later I'm speeding down 52 super early AM and get passed by a cop who flashes his spotlight on me (as a visual warning) and then takes off. He for sure could see my fishing kayak.
ctfphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:20 AM   #8
kayachapi

Respect and Honesty

I was driving my wife and son to his hockey game. 65 in a 55 mph. The officer asked me if I kew why he pulled me over. "Yes sir, I was going 65 mph". I answered all his questions respectfully and nervously scrambled around trying to find my insurance paperwork. At the end he chuckled and said "you where the slowest person I pulled over today, slow it down" and let me go. My wife asked me if I knew why he let me off? I said "because I was respectful and honest" I was trying to set a good example for my son. She said "nope" clasped her hands together, pulled her elbows in, and popped out the best cleavage shot I have seen. "Thats why." She's a helper.
When I'm pulling my trailer I try to set the cruise control and keep it at 55+mph, but sometimes the voices in my head are convincing that I won't get caught. Sorry about going off topic.
kayachapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 08:04 AM   #9
alanw
Made in U.S.A.

Be respectful but never admit to going over the speed limit.

Everything you say can and will be used against you.

Nothing you say can or will be used for you.

Malibu Stealth-12 ¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

Its not a spelling B its a fishing B ~yakjoe
alanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 09:45 AM   #10
kayachapi

Alan

I wasn't getting arrested. If I had gotten a ticket, I would have paid it. Just thought my wife's effort was awesome, and funny. Honesty and respect works for me, and keeps the confusion out of my life. Tight lines to you sir. Again, sorry.
kayachapi is offline   Reply With Quote