Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-28-2010, 02:12 PM   #1
forefrazier

First Mods

Small, simple mods

Front position rod holders. Thought about this one for a while not wanting to drill holes in the yak and trying to make use of the existing screws already there since I don't plan on converting to an AI anytime soon. Seems the Ram Space Saver mount has just about the same dimension as the screw holes. 5 minutes of Dremel work and they fit perfect:

Added fourth and fifth rod holders to Hobie tank. Not because I want to carry more rods but mostly so I have extra options to place a gaff, bat, etc.

Also, in my opinion a second set of straps on the rear part of the Hobie tank is a necessity. Helps to keep it stable and less risk of it falling off in the event of a roll over. Ordered another strap kit from Hobie (thanks Andy) and installed under the existing bungie posts for the battery lid. Looks factory and no additional holes:

That's all for now...F/F is next. Have some ideas on doing something a bit creative with this also...To be continued....

Steve
forefrazier is offline   Reply With Quote