Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 02-27-2013, 08:49 AM   #21
Siebler

Nothing better than smoked fish. I smoked probably 75lbs of Tuna after a trip last year for myself, Easton, and a few others. It didnt last long at all. I smoke over straight Pecan fire usually. Nice sweet flavor, I burn through almost a cord of wood a year in my smoker and bbq plus another cord of Oak to heat the house.

Getting ready to build a new smoker actually, all pieces are there just need to weld it up. Something more specific for Jerky/Snack Sticks and Sausage (especially Andouille) as I tend to do a lot of stuffing sausage and making jerky in the summer to prep for Hunting season snacks.

Guess I need to go catcha YT or something. I smoked a Turkey, a home cured Ham, 20lbs of Chicken, and 10lbs of Porkchops in Feb. Maybe March will be Fish and Ribs month

Thanks for inspiration steveoooooooo. See you next time you leave your kayak at the shop to go work!

Siebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:55 PM   #22
Cbad Mike

Thanks for taking the time to share such great information. You have more ways of preparing Yellowtail than Bubba Gump has with shrimp!
I can't wait to try your recipes.
Thanks again,
Mike
Cbad Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:27 PM   #23
dmrides

Don't sell yourself short, you are a borderline artist. Looks pretty damn good to me.

Nice to hear that there is finally a method for freezing YT! Can't wait to try it. As always thanks for the inspiration on the food prep.
dmrides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:57 PM   #24
Tman
BRTF...bought & paid...

Oooooohhhh....

Very nice Steveoooooo...added the extra 'o's cuz you deserve it...

Dang dude, as dmrides said, don't even think ya don't have some insane culinary skills...

Great pics, will have to share a YT marinade recipe with you that works great with WSB on the BBQ...

No YT for me lately, but this was from the epic bite a while back...the lad calls it 'candy'...works with YT too...can you guess what it was?

Great pics, and ya didn't share...tsk, tsk...

Tman
Gaffer for Clay the Fishcatcher
Tman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:02 AM   #25
taggermike

Damn! Every one of your dishes look delicious. I like about all fish, all seafoods for that matter, but YT might be my favorite. You've given me some ideas try. Those butterflied kamas look ready for any thing. I found out a few years ago that I had been throwing out about the best partsof the fish when I left the collars on the heads and put them in the can. Not any more. Mike
taggermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 07:13 PM   #26
finyak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tman View Post
Very nice Steveoooooo...added the extra 'o's cuz you deserve it...

Dang dude, as dmrides said, don't even think ya don't have some insane culinary skills...

Great pics, will have to share a YT marinade recipe with you that works great with WSB on the BBQ...

No YT for me lately, but this was from the epic bite a while back...the lad calls it 'candy'...works with YT too...can you guess what it was?

Great pics, and ya didn't share...tsk, tsk...
What's the recipe?
finyak is offline   Reply With Quote