Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-23-2015, 10:23 AM   #1
yakman619
HMFIC

Lowrance Elite-4 DSI issues

I'm wondering if anyone here has had issues with their Elite-4 DSI. I had my head unit replaced under warranty two years ago, and now I'm having the same issue with the new unit. As soon as I power the FF on, it will navigate to the main menu then power off. This occurred with the last unit until finally it wouldn't even power on.

Prior to launching today, I powered the unit on and all seemed well. Once I made it past the surf, I pulled my FF and mount out of the hull storage and mounted it in the scotty mount...I though all was well until I powered it on and the mother effer powered right off again. I tried tightening the connections, ensured the power connection was clean, connected, and snug...regardless of what I did, the issue persisted.

Could it be an issue with wiring? Do I just have bad luck and got another effed unit? The last three numbers of the first unit's SN was 666, it may be a sign that the Elite-4 isnt for me.

Last edited by yakman619; 08-23-2015 at 02:04 PM.
yakman619 is offline   Reply With Quote