Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-29-2008, 02:54 PM   #1
Grego

Malibu X-13 Options

Before anyone gets their panties in a bunch, "YES" I am sponsored by MK and have been for a number of years.

I'm going to start this thread now and continue to add as I configure my new X-13 with different rigging options. I've done several already, but I'm just going to add one or two at a time and whenever I feel like typing a post. My goal for this yak was to outfit the yak with all my needs, however maintain the use of the front hatch for its original intent. Andy "Iceman" already demonstrated that the hatch could effectively be removed if need be and so I didn't need to reinforce that or prove that it could be done, master has already done that. Feel free to add to the post if you have something unique that you have done to your X-13. When a new model comes out it's always nice to see what others have done and maybe it will work for you also.

I've continued my preference for a "white" yak and hope the sharks think it's the belly of a GWSlol and because it looks cool. After a white pro2 tandem, a white pro eXplorer, and two white eXtremes...I thereby knighted it Nemo V .

My first addition was a new NemoTank. I really like the 'kayatank' and the use of a thru-hull pump for what it was intended for and wanted to install one for this yak but I just couldn't give up my front center hatch, I pack to much food and crap to give that up. I liked my current tank that has been bullet proof for a few years but wanted to get away from having to prime, and I definitely didn't want to go back to dragging a bilge pump through the water.

After much thought a light bulb switched on and told me to go back to the basics. So like almost every fishing boat out there I decided to use a thru-hull pump to go through the hull and out to an external bait tank. I made a very little change to Nemotank III for the input fittings and kept everything else the same. I ended up with a clean, simple, and effective design. This concept will probably work on a variety of kayaks with little modifications. It runs off a 6V 7Amp battery. I present to you NemoTank IV. (Don't mind the circular hatch, that's something else)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0552.JPG (53.6 KB, 1461 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0561.JPG (35.6 KB, 1429 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0564.JPG (37.9 KB, 1415 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0568.JPG (61.7 KB, 1422 views)
Grego is offline   Reply With Quote