Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2012, 06:24 AM   #1
kiyo21

Not quite understanding

The rules of a SMCA I get most of the rest of them but the rules of this one are just not sinking in.

Explain please I wold gladly appreciate it.
kiyo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:17 AM   #2
lowprofile
#1 on fishstick's hitlist

which one?

the swami's smca for example is closed to boat and yak fishing. you can spear finfish, including white seabass but no take of lobster or other crustaceans. the take of fish by hook and line from shore is also legal.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:09 PM   #3
kiyo21

Aaaahhh ok I did knot know there were different rules for each one so that helps, the the one I'm most concerned with is the Dana point smca I see some great spots there but am really questioning the take of bugs in this area.
Basically it will be my first time hooping on the yak as well as 1st time on the yak in the ocean and at night so I'm trying to find some structure but its hard to do when they are protected areas.

Where can I look it all up too i'v bin on the dfg site and just can find what I am looking for. Thank you for the help also ill keep that info in mind.

Old 10-08-2012, 04:53 PM   #4
Sdspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiyo21 View Post
Aaaahhh ok I did knot know there were different rules for each one so that helps, the the one I'm most concerned with is the Dana point smca I see some great spots there but am really questioning the take of bugs in this area.
Basically it will be my first time hooping on the yak as well as 1st time on the yak in the ocean and at night so I'm trying to find some structure but its hard to do when they are protected areas.

Where can I look it all up too i'v bin on the dfg site and just can find what I am looking for. Thank you for the help also ill keep that info in mind.

maybe these sites will help, they confuse me too.

http://www.californiampas.org/pages/...pointsmca.html
Attached Files
File Type: pdf danapointsmca.pdf (376.5 KB, 8 views)
Sdspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:49 PM   #5
kiyo21

Ok starting to understand but it says only hook line and spear but to uses a round haul net- I'm assuming (hoop net) you have to be commercial? And idk are we commercial when on the yak? I saw others saying there going for bugs at crystal cove,!? How?

Old 10-09-2012, 04:14 PM   #6
kiyo21

Bump?