Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2009, 07:14 AM   #1
dsafety
Olivenhain Bob

La Jolla 6/6

I Hit the launch late, (about 9:00), in time to see Eric pull in with a nice WSB. I had a tough time making bait at the buoy so I gave up and peddled out to the point.

Eventually, I found some small schools of greenies and picked up a few. These fish would be all I was able to catch this day. In fact, I only saw two fish, (other than bait) landed all day.

I passed one guy in a small white kayak on the way out patiently sitting there with his rod tip buried in the water. He said that he had a big fish on and had been fighting it for three hours. If anyone knows how that turned out, please post.

Saturday was a beautiful day on the water. Maybe next time some fish will show up as well.

Bob

Last edited by dsafety; 06-07-2009 at 01:16 PM.
dsafety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 10:32 AM   #2
JD

I heard lots of radio chatter on channel 72 about Yellows being caught, but i saw none? Did anyone see any PBers with YT?
Old 06-07-2009, 01:20 PM   #3
SanDogSWO
Junior

I was out from 8:00 until about 2:00. The only fish I saw caught was a sheephead by a couple of guys fishing inside the kelp.
Old 06-07-2009, 04:05 PM   #4
undrH2Ohntr

small yellows-8lbs or so were seen, buddy shot one.
undrH2Ohntr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 08:27 PM   #5
dsafety
Olivenhain Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDogSWO View Post
I was out from 8:00 until about 2:00. The only fish I saw caught was a sheephead by a couple of guys fishing inside the kelp.
One of those sheepshead was the other fish I saw caught on Saturday. Two fish for the whole fleet in one day. Now that is pitiful.

It should be noted that there were no posts from the "Varsity" fishers on this day. Maybe they just knew that the fish would not be cooperating and took the day off.

Maybe the only way for the rest of us to get some love is to pay the entrance fee and go to school with some our local experts.

Bob
dsafety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 07:52 AM   #6
Sherm

I was fishing out there on a buddies boat that morning. The wind all night made me think stand up fishing would be better. Calicos and a juvi WSB (about 24 inches) is all we managed. Fished grey light to 11am. Didn't see any other bent rods either.
Sherm is offline   Reply With Quote