Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2009, 07:41 AM   #1
Holy Mackerel
Señor member

Lightbulb SCRSG Meet Sep 9-10 Revised Agenda Posted

Questions:

1. WHEN will we be able to see detailed maps of the (draft) revised proposals so that we can comment on specifics??

2. Will there be a new member of the BRTF now that DB resigned?

http://www.dfg.ca.gov/mlpa/meeting_091009.asp

California Marine Life Protection Act Initiative
South Coast Regional Stakeholder Group
Draft Meeting Agenda
(revised August 28, 2009)

* This facility is accessible to persons with disabilities. To request reasonable accommodations for a disability,
please contact California Relay Service (at least two days prior to the meeting) at 800.735.2929 (TTY) or

Wednesday, September 9, 2009 at 7:00 PM
Thursday, September 10, 2009 at 8:00 AM
Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles
6101 W. Century Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90045

Public Participation: Members of the public are invited to attend the meeting in person or may view and listen to the meeting via simultaneous webcasting on the Internet. Video and audio archives of the meeting may be accessed via the Internet approximately one day after the meeting. Please visit the Marine Life Protection Act (MLPA) website at http://www.dfg.ca.gov/mlpa/meetings_sc.asp for more information.

Public Comment: The public will be invited to provide general comment on subjects related to the work of the MLPA South Coast Regional Stakeholder Group (SCRSG) at approximately 9:00 AM on Thursday, September 10, 2009. Speaker cards are requested and may be found at the entrance to the room. Time allotted for public comment is determined by the number of requests and can range from one to three minutes per comment; submitting written comments that can be easily summarized in one to two minutes is encouraged. Note that the public comment period is for comments specific to the SCRSG; comments related to the MLPA Blue Ribbon Task Force, science advisory team, or other MLPA Initiative activities should be directed to those bodies or MLPA staff.

Meeting materials will not be provided at the meeting but will be posted to the MLPA website as soon as they are available. This agenda may be found on the MLPA website at http://www.dfg.ca.gov/mlpa/meetings_sc.asp

Meeting Objectives
• Provide an opportunity for the SCRSG to review and discuss the near final draft MPA proposals
• Develop final round of marine protected area (MPA) proposals to be forwarded to the MLPA Master Plan Science Advisory Team (SAT) and MLPA Blue Ribbon Task Force (BRTF)
• Discuss next steps for presenting the final round of MPA proposals to the BRTF

Meeting Agenda – 7:00 PM Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Welcome, Agenda Review and Brief Introductions
I. Draft Final Round 3 MPA Proposals
A. Presentation of Draft Final SCRSG MPA Proposals by Work Groups
Recess

Meeting Agenda – Thursday, September 10, 2009
Note: The SCRSG will hear public comment at approximately 9:00 a.m. and will break for lunch at approximately 12:00 p.m.

Welcome, Agenda Review and Brief Introductions
II. Updates
B. MLPA Master Plan Science Advisory Team
BRIEFING DOCUMENT B.1: Memo on Persistent and Maximum Kelp – Handout Placeholder
C. MLPA Blue Ribbon Task Force
D. MLPA South Coast Regional Stakeholder Group

BRIEFING DOCUMENT D.1: Key Outcomes Memorandum from the August 3, 2009 SCRSG Meeting – Handout Placeholder
E. Public Outreach and Education
BRIEFING DOCUMENT E.1: Suggestions for Effective Public Comment – Handout Placeholer

III. Final SCRSG MPA Proposals for Round 3
F. Guidance for Completing Round 3 Proposals
G. Preparing for MPA Proposal Presentations to the BRTF

Recess – Work Group Breakout Sessions
IV. Final MPA Proposals
H. Presentation of Final SCRSG MPA Proposals by Work Groups
V. Closing Comments
Adjourn
Holy Mackerel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 09:56 AM   #2
tylerdurden
Bad Clone

bump

I will be there september 9th in the afternoon to try and get a look at the maps and I'll let you guys know what I find out. Anyone else that wants to go and observe September 9th let me know. That is the only way to get the latest maps ahead of public comment.

I can get the latest info on what has become ext proposal A now, however that is not a map we as kayak fishermen are too concerned with as it is the one with the least impact while still striving for the SAT guidelines.

Let the Fish and Game Commission know what you think about the proposed maps.

Be ready for December 9th and 10th.

Last edited by tylerdurden; 08-31-2009 at 12:34 PM. Reason: fact checked
tylerdurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 10:22 AM   #3
Holy Mackerel
Señor member

Thanks Tyler!
Old 08-31-2009, 11:09 AM   #4
tylerdurden
Bad Clone

Bump
Just read the agenda fully.

September 9th, 7pm we can get a look at the maps. The groups are supposed to present them. I thought the groups were supposed to have work sessions before this that we can observe? Not sure, I will try and get more info.

Then September 10th they take public comment from us at 9am. Then stakeholders and whoever wants to listen then go through a bunch of procedural bs. After that they break up into the groups one more time to FINALIZE the maps. They will then present the maps.

After this, the maps then get sent to the BRTF. October 20-22 the BRTF will likely combine the maps to make what they really wanted out of them. If the BRTF likes a map it will just recommend it. We can't miss the Ocotber BRTF meeting, as whatever the BRTF recommends will get approved, based on past precedent.

Let the Fish and Game Commission know what you think about the proposed maps.

Be ready for December 9th and 10th.

tylerdurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:41 AM   #5
bellcon

Tyler,
maybe you take a pic of the maps???
bellcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 12:15 PM   #6
Holy Mackerel
Señor member

This is a tall order for Tyler to drive up to LA for a 7pm viewing of the maps.... Any of our LA kayak/spearo brothers available to go check them out? Take pics and notes.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:17 PM   #7
T-Rex

I'm planning on being there and will bring a camera to take pics.

Rex
T-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 03:46 PM   #8
bellcon

Quote:
I'm planning on being there and will bring a camera to take pics.

Rex

Thanks Rex
bellcon is offline   Reply With Quote