Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-27-2015, 02:42 PM   #1
jbara

One Bite... One Fish 2-26-15

Short: LJ, Easy launch (wet landing), easy bait, 5-10 wind (maybe more), 1 yellow 35'' 17lb on the fly with the greenie at 120ft.
Me, Benny Blanco, and Jaime hit the beach around 0600. A few others were launching at the same time. Easy launch with a few surprise waves mixed in. One of us almost got caught lol. Everyone was making bait at the border but bait is scattered all the way out to the corner. We zig'd and zag'd our way out to 150'. Ben and Jaime wanted to head out to deeper water but I was tired of looking at a blank fish finder screen, so I headed back to the kelp for nap time. When I woke up it was cold and the wind was blowing. I decided to make one more run and finally was hit at about 120'. I had the clicker on and the line wrapped around the side of my reel for extra tension. The clicker went off but it must have felt the extra tension on the line because he spit it. Luckily he was right back on the bait. So hook was set with no lobster traps, kelp, structure or seals in sight. 4 runs and plenty of shakes, but easy money with a gaff shot right behind the eye. Not a bad day. We even had about a dozen seals swim by in small groups that barely even looked at our bait and kept swimming in a hurry. (Maybe something we didn't know). I still haven't hooked anything decent on iron...
Attached Images

jbara is offline   Reply With Quote