Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2018, 10:12 AM   #1
fresh to salt

Davesdad, I am so sorry to hear about this terrible tragedy. My thoughts and prayers are with your family right now as I try to hold back tears at work...
fresh to salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 11:10 AM   #2
Orca Winfrey

Hi Dave’s dad. I’m very sorry about your son please take care.
Orca Winfrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 01:26 PM   #3
Sdspeed

Dave's Dad, My family sends it's heart felt prayers and condolences with the hope that the great memories of your son will ease the pain in this tragic time.
Rory B.
Sdspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 01:59 PM   #4
Sivak

John:

Sooooooooo sorry this happened. What a tragic life changing event. Your description of Dave sounds like anyone of us competitive kayak fisherman. I never met Dave but I can tell you he would certainly not want you or your family to be sad at this time. There's no question he would want the best for all of you.

To the rescue effort group - good on all of you!

I don't understand why these things happen... Heart breaking story

RIP Dave, we will always remember you.
Sivak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 05:49 PM   #5
fishwrap
Junior

Daves dad

Dave's dad Sorry to hear of Dave's tragic accident. My prayers go out to you and your family. Hope you and your family stay strong.
fishwrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 06:59 PM   #6
Davesdad
Junior

I need to tell ALL OF YOU how much these replies have helped my family out.Everybody in my family is visiting this site to read these replies and they've all said it helps so much in taking away some pain.I never expected this and boy does it help.We're hoping some of you are fishing Saturday morning.Some of us (family) are coming down to the shores to say thanks and wish you a great day on the water.
Davesdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 07:12 PM   #7
newportdogs

Dave's Dad and Family, I am so, so sorry for your loss. RIP David
newportdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 07:20 PM   #8
fishfoo
Junior

R.I.P. DAVE MAY THE FISHING GODS SMILE UPON YOU
fishfoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 02:43 AM   #9
Steve Max

My heart has softened and I am lost for words. My prayers to Dave and his Family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Steve Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 03:52 AM   #10
MattRabasco

I am sorry for your loss. I never met Dave but saw him out there often. May you find peace and acceptance during this difficult time.
MattRabasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 07:48 AM   #11
BFranke
Junior

It’s incredible how bitter sweet someone’s passing can be. We will never know the whys of what happened, but to see how it brings people closer together is amazing. I didn’t know Dave but can tell he was a great person and this tragic event has changed my outlook on the way I go about my daily routines. We will never know when it’s our time to go, so try and enjoy every moment to the fullest. Rest In Peace Dave!!
BFranke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 07:33 AM   #12
the dude

very sorry for your loss.
Old 09-23-2018, 08:25 AM   #13
Davesdad
Junior

Some of Dave's family got to meet some of you guys yesterday.Thanks for supporting us and talking fishing.Thanks for letting me brag a little about my kid and what he's caught recently at La Jolla.The person that put up a picture of Dave and a nice Yellow on the wood poles near the launch.So kind of you.I'm wondering if you guys caught anything ? Seeing all of you paddle out and gather outside was cool to see.
Davesdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 08:58 AM   #14
Semper Fi-shing

John,

Thank you and bless Dave, friends, family, yakkers and non-yakkers as well.

Out on the water, my line started to scream as I reached back and grabbed my pole to start to reel in but after 5 seconds, the fish spit the hook. I must not have let he fish swallow my bait......farmed!

My friend Ash on my tandem also hooked onto a nice fish that was taking drag sporadically until it realized it was hooked and went berserk when it got close to the yak. I could see that it was a huge barracuda as it turned its body to run. Ash tried to tighten the drag on his reel and that's when the tension on his line relaxed and......farmed! Fish gone!.

Minh didnt have much luck either. Ws were dipping into his bait bucket and he ran his solo skiff back and forth to resupply bait but by then it was getting late and water was getting choppy.

Saw a couple guys on the water with yellows taking pictures and a few on boats hooked up also.

We all had a blast, fish or no fish.

Our quest for our first yak yellow remains.

Our journey continues, in fishing, and in life

I encourage anyone that has fond fishing memories, past or present, fish or no fish, to share and post on this page.