Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 02-19-2015, 09:14 PM   #1
C.W.C.
Salt

P3-TBT

Some more #TBT for Part Three from the KeyZ.

Skinny water demands downsizing everything is an understatement..
C&R..

Old 02-19-2015, 09:15 PM   #2
C.W.C.
Salt

ElaZtech

(Link to Rapid Media's coverage today in KAM)
http://www.rapidmedia.com/kayak-fish...low-snook.html
Old 02-19-2015, 09:16 PM   #3
C.W.C.
Salt

Catch And Release

Watch in HD
Old 02-19-2015, 11:35 PM   #4
FlyFishinYakr

Location: Nor Cal...30 min from Bodega/Tomales Bay, 1hr from Clear Lake, 2+ hr to Berryessa & the Delta
Another fine episode in the exploits of Capt. Wade's cross country kayak expedition (if it could be described as such).
btw: do you have the link to episode 2? I missed that one and can't seem to locate it.
How many miles did you "rack up"? (If you don't mind sharing)
Something for "my bucket list"!
Do you miss the fishing Wade?
FFY
FlyFishinYakr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 07:31 AM   #5
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
So Wade did NOT get snookered. Wade are those black snook? I also missed #2. Now you just need to find some Baja snook. See you soon.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 09:19 AM   #6
C.W.C.
Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyFishinYakr View Post
Another fine episode in the exploits of Capt. Wade's cross country kayak expedition (if it could be described as such). :noteworthy: btw: do you have the link to episode 2? I missed that one and can't seem to locate it. How many miles did you "rack up"? (If you don't mind sharing) Something for "my bucket list"!
Do you miss the fishing Wade?
FFY

Thanks for the kind words FFY! You know the ‘reel’ struggle.. Im back in San Diego now for just a couple months & then I am headed back to Florida to open my fishing lodge back up for Tarpon season & more.. No, I do not miss Yellowtail fishing. Especially with my refrigerator currently stacked full of their fillets and forearms still burning..
CWC harvests, catches & releases them every week..No need to bore the masses with redundant duplicate reports..Pressure is omnipresent..
Its no secret that every fishable day here you can pull 1 up. The same cannot be said about others..
Speaking of Seriolas, those local thirty class+ brutes are tearing up turds on trebles today & even productive for live bait ‘Draggers’ around the good ol’ football field…
They are probably the easiest fish to aquire, especially in LJ, where marine reserves are on the North, East & South putting you right in the productive arena..
I enjoy a challenge on artificials. True formidable adversaries..Don’t get me wrong, pulling’ on any fish is fun to me, even a sabiki full of ‘backs, but dropping a rock on someones head from the balcony above just isn’t as rewarding as a search & destroy, catch & release mission to me.. Especially in those clear shallow Florida waters where everything counts against the angler..I know, I know…I’m preaching’ to the choir when talking tactics with a fellow fly-fisher!…
We racked up quite a few impressive catches in and around these Key islands as well as in the Everglades. A few days into the trek were were already on some juvenile tarpon on the fly with some clousers and crab patterns Dave tied for us. We also racked up well over 6K+ on the ol’ Dodge six-banger roundtrip..We hit almost every body of water along the route, and even some ponds seemed like mirages from a distance from all the Highway-Hypnosis I incurred..It was nice to take my time as I saw fit this round, while also using my trusty google earth app to spot any abandoned empty pools at every fill up and stop along the journey..Once in Florida we located those monster snook while fishing some bridge pilings and fenders at night with the glow 8” StreakZ XL. Fishing this close to barnacle encrusted structure allots you a forty second beast fight at best to an inevitable heartbreak break-off.. I am going to try these electric suckers out now on the Newport Spottys & Calicos next week with Z-Man’s glow-enhanced colors
(IE: Glow, Chartreuse/Glow, Redbone, Nuked Chicken, Nuked Pilchard, and more..)
Old 02-20-2015, 09:22 AM   #7
C.W.C.
Salt

ElaZtech

Quote:
Originally Posted by makobob View Post
So Wade did NOT get snookered. Wade are those black snook? I also missed #2. Now you just need to find some Baja snook. See you soon.

Bob,
These are Florida Common Snook / Centropomus undecimalis.
Whats is a skunk?
Oh I’ll find em guaranteed, its just the time I need to find to make it to Baja, Good Buddy!

yea, it seems almost everybody ‘missed’ it too?..
Part Two Vid
Watch In HD!

Bluefish were really wackin’ the Chatterbait.

It’s never too skinny for the PA..

Jack Crevalle

Reebs Kelp Sassin Swimjig / Jack Crevalle

Pinfish Chatterbait / Jack Crevalle

Not every OTW meal could be a fresh hot grilled Grouper sandwich..
Old 02-20-2015, 09:25 AM   #8
C.W.C.
Salt

XPS CHATTERBAIT

GAME CHANGER FOR 2015!!

XPS Chatterbait

Z-Man has a NEW heavier grade XPS Chatterbait design coming out in a couple months..
I think they are going to be perfect for Saltwater Bass & Halis..Also an increased collar for skirts and trailers!
Thicker electroplated Stainless blades, Z-Tie EZ Skirts, Mustad UltraPoint hooks & a super strong quick-clip line tie.
Can’t wait to take them to the Islands..
They will come in 3/8, 1/2, 3/4 & 1 ounce sizes!!

http://www.bassmaster.com/news/proje...it-ready-debut

PRE ORDERS!!
http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Z_Man...e-ZMPROZC.html

Thanks for the amaZing Chatterbait upgrades, Z-Man!
Old 02-20-2015, 11:58 AM   #9
FISH11

Hi Wade, it was great to see you last Monday at LJ. I hope the video you took of that Grey Whale that almost touched your PA came out. I can't wait to see it hope there was some good underwater scenes. I thought that it was going to hit the bow of the PA. Hope to see you out there again while you're here in the next few months. Tight Lines.
Old 02-21-2015, 11:00 AM   #10
Cbad Mike

More awesome videos from Capt. Wade!!!
I always wait to watch your videos on my TV instead of my phone for the full effect.
Thanks for taking the time to share!
Did you see that Siesta Key was voted best beach in the country for the umpteenth time?
Can't wait to go there again. Beautiful.
Old 02-26-2015, 09:26 PM   #11
T-Rex

Great variety of fish wade! How did your plastics hold up to the bluefish?
Old 02-27-2015, 05:27 AM   #12
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

Nice snook! That's all my dad talks about when we talk fishing. You close to Sarasota at all?
Old 02-27-2015, 11:08 AM   #13
C.W.C.
Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISH11 View Post
Hi Wade, it was great to see you last Monday at LJ. I hope the video you took of that Grey Whale that almost touched your PA came out. I can't wait to see it hope there was some good underwater scenes. I thought that it was going to hit the bow of the PA. Hope to see you out there again while you're here in the next few months. Tight Lines.

Always great seeing ya, Mark! I will upload it ASAP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbad Mike View Post
More awesome videos from Capt. Wade!!!
I always wait to watch your videos on my TV instead of my phone for the full effect.
Thanks for taking the time to share!
Did you see that Siesta Key was voted best beach in the country for the umpteenth time?
Can't wait to go there again. Beautiful.

Thanks, Mike! Yes I did, hopefully the consistent reviews don’t draw in everyone from the 405..

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rex View Post
Great variety of fish wade! How did your plastics hold up to the bluefish?

10X TOUGH! They couldn’t even put a hurt on ‘em, or the snuggle toothed Jacks..
One ElaZtech swimbait lasted me all day through well over 60+ fish..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silbaugh4liberty View Post
Nice snook! That's all my dad talks about when we talk fishing. You close to Sarasota at all?

Sounds like a good man! I LOVE fishin’ for Snook..Yes I currently have one place there & getting another one a couple hours south to cover all bases..
Old 02-27-2015, 07:40 PM   #14
T-Rex

Awesome! I was on the East Coast from 1990 - 2000 and wish I had a few ElaZtech swimbaits back then! On a hot bluefish bite I'd easily go through a dozen swimbaits in no time. Usually ended up fishing hardbaits or bucktails if bluefish were around.