Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2006, 01:54 AM   #1
'Cuda

Bushnell digital

Just got the Bushnell digital water resistant outdoor camera and it sucks....sunlit pics appear bleached out and and zoom pics are out of focus. Could be I got a lemon but I doubt it so I'm sending it back for a refund. I'm looking at the Pentax Optio W10....if anybody has one I'd appreciate a report....thanks.
'Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 07:38 AM   #2
Chizuck

I've got the precursor to the W10 - the Optio WP and absolutely love it. I've been using it on the kayak for about a year and a half now, getting it soaked in seawater an average of about once or twice a week, and have had no problems at all. Excellent picture quality in the pre-set modes, and full manual adjustments if you don't like those. If it ever tears up I'll definitely get the W10.

Plus it's a fun party trick to be sitting at a table and 'accidentally' drop it in your glass of water and then act all horrified.
Chizuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 12:11 PM   #3
slayersmith

I bought the W10 about a month ago from Costco for about $270.00 I have splashed it but not sumerged it yet. The pics are great. Onlys draw back is no lense cover.

Good luck!

Aaron
slayersmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 12:55 PM   #4
phreshwon
PHRESHWON

I've also got the W10 and have submerged it and have had no problems. Love the picture quality and ease of use.

My party trick was watching all the tourist at the Monterey Bay Aquarium freak :shock: when I dropped it in the Bat Ray petting tank!
phreshwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 08:05 PM   #5
Doc J

I have a Pentax Optio wpi. Less than 6 months and less than fifty shots (more like 25). Took a picture one evening and it was fine. Next morning the LED was filled with geometric garbage. I sent it in to the company. They said it had been subjected to more pressure than 5 feet depth and want almost half the price of the camera to fix it. In my opinion their warranty and their customer service are nonexistent. This was my fifth and last Pentax. :twisted:
Old 07-19-2006, 12:46 AM   #6
'Cuda

Ouch.....don't like hearing that. I already ordered the Optio online for $244. as I'm going down to San Quintin on the 24th. Electronics and yak fishing do not mix.....my 6 month old Eagle 240 gps FF is in the shop for the second time and my Sony Cyber-shot U digital camera (which I loved but Sony stopped production) quit after 18 months.
'Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 03:56 PM   #7
T-Rex

I've got the WPi and love it. I also bought a Minolta Dimage Z5 at the same time and the Pentax takes a noticeably better quality picture.
T-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 09:35 AM   #8
Hunters Pa

Love my WPi. Only problem is sometimes the autofocus will pick a ripple between you and your intended target as you are bobbing around. It is our primary camera for 2 kids under 4 years old. At the beach, in the pool, bathtub, it has worked great with hundreds of pics.
Hunters Pa is offline   Reply With Quote