Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2013, 11:17 PM   #61
kelpbass91
Junior

Sent Mako Bob an email. There are three of us who are in, schedule permiting, we have been planning a trip down there for a while and this might be the perfect opportunity for us to go down there.

We are all experienced rod and reel fisherman who converted to spearfishing, and plan on bringing our gear, but we plan on spending most of the time in the water spear-fishing. If thats ok with everybody, we would be very interested in going.
kelpbass91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 06:58 AM   #62
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Welcome aboard, are you going to be bringing your yaks or diving from the beach? Are you going to beach camp at the house? We are planning a get together on Sunday the 8 of December to final plan this trip. We will meet at Tidelands park in south bay.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 10:10 AM   #63
yakfisher
Junior

Hi Makobob,

We're bringing the yaks and plan on camping at Campo Sirena, I've already emailed Shari. The plan is to fish and dive off the yaks but we may get a couple shore dives in if the conditions are right. It will be kelpbass91, myself, and our buddy beergillz making the trip.

What time is the meet and greet? I'll be there for sure and I'm sure the other two will be able to make it.

Thanks for putting this together

Josh

Quote:
Originally Posted by makobob View Post
Welcome aboard, are you going to be bringing your yaks or diving from the beach? Are you going to beach camp at the house? We are planning a get together on Sunday the 8 of December to final plan this trip. We will meet at Tidelands park in south bay.
yakfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 10:26 AM   #64
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Josh, that is great and WELCOME ABOARD! Will add you to the roster. You and your friends make 9 people for this trip, should be great.
We are meeting on the 8th of December to fish, bond and plan the trip to Asuncion. We will start fishing around 630am and Buddha, will be cooking BBQ chicken for us afternoon. Will pm details.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN

Last edited by makobob; 11-15-2013 at 12:15 PM.
Old 11-16-2013, 07:27 AM   #65
buddha

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakfisher View Post
Hi Makobob,

We're bringing the yaks and plan on camping at Campo Sirena, I've already emailed Shari. The plan is to fish and dive off the yaks but we may get a couple shore dives in if the conditions are right. It will be kelpbass91, myself, and our buddy beergillz making the trip.

What time is the meet and greet? I'll be there for sure and I'm sure the other two will be able to make it.

Thanks for putting this together

Josh

I have sent you several emails and Pms but you have not responded at all. Maybe the emails went to your spam folder?

You can come anytime in the morning to fish.

We will be meeting at 12 or 1 PM for a picnic and to talk about the trip.

Last edited by buddha; 11-16-2013 at 08:39 AM.
buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 03:50 PM   #66
buddha

Ok unfortunately a few folks had to drop out due to their work schedules.

The house is full at the San Roque house with Makobob, Rossman, Svendawg, and Buddha.

We still have room for camping outside the house in tents for only 5-10 bucks a night.

You can also try to reserve other accommodations in town.

We will be leaving on Dec. 26 and coming home on January 5th.

We are having a get together on December 8 to hash out the details of the trip at Tidelands Park in Coronado.

Anyone that is interested in the trip please get a hold of myself or Makobob.
Old 11-27-2013, 10:50 AM   #67
makobob
Baitless on Baja

This ship sets sail in under 30 days. All aboard. Contact buddha or makobob before she sails off into the sunset with out YOU!

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 12-06-2013, 01:55 PM   #68
kelpbass91
Junior

Dont think Me, Spencer or Josh will probably not be able to make the trip. Very hard for them to get that time period off, have fun down there!
kelpbass91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 03:07 PM   #69
makobob
Baitless on Baja

So we are back to the origional four. Not a problem guys, enjoy your holidays. Maybe next time. Rossman, Svendawg, Buddha and Makobob will be leaving for Asuncion 26 December, crossing the border around 6 am. We want to wish the rest of our comminuty a MERRY CHRISTMAS, and enjoyable NEW YEAR. Remember the 1st Yellowtail of the year gets a prize. Happy Holidays.

YOU could still join us!!!

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN

Last edited by makobob; 12-06-2013 at 03:12 PM.
Old 12-08-2013, 05:54 PM   #70
buddha

LAST CALL for Bahia Asuncion December 26-January 3rd FINAL UPDATE 12/8

LAST CALL For anyone interested in this trip.

If you want to go on this trip and have meals with us please let us know before 12/15.

Anyone that is still interested in the trip should get a hold of Makobob or myself.

This is going to be a fantastic trip as we are going at the peak time down there.

There is plenty of room for people that want to camp near the house at San Roque or if you want to rent another accommodation you would need to do it fast as this is the peak season.

Please let us know if you are interested in this trip and get together.

DATES ARE SET:

We are leaving on December 26th and arrive in Bahia Asuncion on the 27th and will be back on January 5th.

If you want to leave earlier or stay later that is no problem.

Ok We are filled with 4 people for the San Rogue house.

If you want to tent camp next to the house it is 5 bucks/night.

If you want to rent another house you need to get a hold of Shari as this is peak season.

http://bahiaasuncion.com/php/index.p...tpage&Itemid=1

http://bahiaasuncionmexico.wordpress.com/

Fishing is great all year long here and is good everywhere also.

Surf fishing is very good and a lot of halibut.

Kayak fishing is very good.

Panga fishing is great.

October to December is the peak season and they get busy but january the fishing is just about peak.

Yellowtail fishing was awesome last January and the calico bass bite is epic.

Shari the owner has a New Year's Party, potluck, dancing etc you will be invited to of course!!! It's a blast."

I think this could be an amazing trip and one that we might do a few times a year.

So far Makobob, Svendawg, Rossman, and Buddha are in for this trip.
Old 12-08-2013, 06:55 PM   #71
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

I'm still trying to get my head around the the concept of eating actual meals on a Baja trip. My idea of lunch is a Slim Jim and a Vitamin Water, and Jeff has plans for cooking three course meals, and the most surprising thing is that he wants to do it. If today's lunch is any indication I may have to revert back to my old wide body Cobra Navigator.
Nicely done Jeff

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
"When beholding the tranquil beauty and brilliancy of the ocean’s skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it; and would not willingly remember that this velvet paw but conceals a remorseless fang. "
— Herman Melville

Y'all come see me now, hear!
rossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 06:06 AM   #72
buddha

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossman View Post
I'm still trying to get my head around the the concept of eating actual meals on a Baja trip. My idea of lunch is a Slim Jim and a Vitamin Water, and Jeff has plans for cooking three course meals, and the most surprising thing is that he wants to do it. If today's lunch is any indication I may have to revert back to my old wide body Cobra Navigator.
Nicely done Jeff

Thanks Ross.

I like catching, cooking and eating!

Cooking is a labor of love.

After the trip you might have to make a New Year's resolution to lose the weight you gained from this trip!
Old 12-09-2013, 02:56 PM   #73
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Just talked with Shari at Asuncion. The local fisherman got nice yellows last week. We can get our lobsters from the vigilancia right there at San Roque.
The road is fully paved, From Mex1 it is one hour into town.
Below is last weeks post from Western Outdoor News.

BAHIA ASUNCION (Just south of Guerrero Negro): This past week was the best fishing week yet this season, with ideal weather, very calm seas, not much wind, sunny hot days and best of all — lots of fish.

theflyguys
THE FLY GUYS — First timers to Bahia Asuncion George Courtenay, Michael Mackinosh from San Diego (left to right) hopped on their plane with buddy Mark for a quick trip for big fish. You can bet it won’t be their last, after landing several yellowtail in the 30- to 45-pound range as well as other fish. PHOTO COURTESY OF SHARI BONDY AT CAMPO SIRENA

“Our fly-in guests were thankful the yellowtail were big and bountiful on their first visit to Asuncion,” Shari Bondy of Campo Sirena said. “They caught several big fish in the 30- to 45-pound range over three days, as well as bonito, skipjack and calico. In fact, they are planning their return visit next month for more big fish.”

Copyright 2013 Western Outdoor News.

Shari's picture of them looks like they were fishing from a canoe!
So guys it looks like it is going to be great. Any one wishing to join us on the beach at San Roque needs to contact us before the 15th of December. Tight lines and bloody gaffs.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN

Last edited by makobob; 12-09-2013 at 03:20 PM. Reason: update
Old 12-09-2013, 03:40 PM   #74
buddha

Quote:
Just talked with Shari at Asuncion. The local fisherman got nice yellows last week. We can get our lobsters from the vigilancia right there at San Roque.
The road is fully paved, From Mex1 it is one hour into town.
Below is last weeks post from Western Outdoor News.

BAHIA ASUNCION (Just south of Guerrero Negro): This past week was the best fishing week yet this season, with ideal weather, very calm seas, not much wind, sunny hot days and best of all — lots of fish.

theflyguys
THE FLY GUYS — First timers to Bahia Asuncion George Courtenay, Michael Mackinosh from San Diego (left to right) hopped on their plane with buddy Mark for a quick trip for big fish. You can bet it won’t be their last, after landing several yellowtail in the 30- to 45-pound range as well as other fish. PHOTO COURTESY OF SHARI BONDY AT CAMPO SIRENA

“Our fly-in guests were thankful the yellowtail were big and bountiful on their first visit to Asuncion,” Shari Bondy of Campo Sirena said. “They caught several big fish in the 30- to 45-pound range over three days, as well as bonito, skipjack and calico. In fact, they are planning their return visit next month for more big fish.”

Copyright 2013 Western Outdoor News.

Shari's picture of them looks like they were fishing from a canoe!
So guys it looks like it is going to be great. Any one wishing to join us on the beach at San Roque needs to contact us before the 15th of December. Tight lines and bloody gaffs.
Here is the link

https://www.wonews.com/t-BajaFishing...de_120413.aspx
Old 12-09-2013, 04:10 PM   #75
ful-rac
Emperor

Sounds like you guys are in for one hell of an epic trip!
Old 12-09-2013, 04:40 PM   #76
makobob
Baitless on Baja

To misquote Dorado50

A forty pound YT off the kayak, beach launched at Asuncion.......priceless!

The clock it ticking.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 12-09-2013, 10:29 PM   #77
buddha

Ok just for a little tease MakoBob told me to post what our tentative menu plans are for the trip.

Day 1: Rib Eye Steaks, skillet potatoes, grilled veggies

Day 2: Hoisin Glazed Garlic BBQ Chicken bok choy with mixed veggies and red rice.

Day 3: Local Lobster with garlic, ginger scallion and oyster sauce. Fish chowder, garlic toast.

Day 4: Paella with homemade elk sausage, chicken, shrimp, mussels, and fish. Rice seasoned with achiote and turmeric.

Day 5: Steamed or poached whole fish, rice and sauteed vegetables.

Day 6: Pasta with homemade sauce and fish, garlic bread, panko fried fish.

Day 7: Fish tacos, fish cakes, asian fish soup: douban jiang flavored aka: sichuan boiled fish, everything fish!

Day 8: A night out on the town checking out the local scene.

We also will have fresh soup at our disposal during the week.

A tough trip but someone has to do it might as well be us.

Still time if you want to go let us know by Dec. 15.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:59 PM   #78
Dannowar

this trip is too cool

im trying to finagle my wife into letting me go early january

expediting my passport tomorrow.....

makobob, might have to buy you some beers/ pick your brain when you get back

CHEERS
Old 12-10-2013, 09:18 AM   #79
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Rady's Donation

As an added bonus, Baja or Bust will donate $25 for each person coming on this trip with us to Rady's. And will donate a minimum of $10 per person for anyone attending any other Baja or Bust 2013 event! Join us on our trips. Have a Happy Holidays. Hope to see you in Baja in 2014.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 12-10-2013, 10:47 AM   #80
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

Quote:
As an added bonus, Baja or Bust will donate $25 for each person coming on this trip with us to Rady's. And will donate a minimum of $10 per person for anyone attending any other Baja or Bust 2013 event! Join us on our trips. Have a Happy Holidays. Hope to see you in Baja in 2014.
Come on Bob. Like Yogi Berra once said "If people want to stay away from the ballpark, there's nothing you can do to stop them"

"When beholding the tranquil beauty and brilliancy of the ocean’s skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it; and would not willingly remember that this velvet paw but conceals a remorseless fang. "
— Herman Melville

Y'all come see me now, hear!
rossman is offline   Reply With Quote