Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 10-21-2005, 09:12 AM   #1
Holy Mackerel
Señor member

Fishing Pt Loma 10-22-05?

I am hitting up PL mañana, if anyone would like to fish it, feel free to meet at Bermuda Ave around 6:20ish... Here is this mornings conditions scouting report...

OB PIER: Waves 1-2 ft, glassy water, occasional 3-4 crumbly wave came through. Very launchable. BUT, it appears there is a Long Board Surf Chick contest going on this weekend. First heat at 7:10AM, last around 2:20, according to one of the judges, that by the way was so bothered to answer my questions. We could launch before 7AM, but would hate to land in front of a crowd on the beach! Plus we may interfere with the chickies.

Orchard St: It was low tide this morning exposing the cobble stones at the launch. This launch/landing is not easy once it is high tide. Very technical, and we would be coming in at high tide, cobble stones are slippery.

Santa Cruz St.: Steep stairs, and a lot of them. This launch can be tricky, because on the north side cove, there are a lot of rocks to paddle through, and the south cove is sand but it is very steep, making it difficult to get on your kayak to launch, as well as land because any swell pitches up into nasty shore break.

Bermuda Ave: Looked the most launchable besides the pier, appearing flat. There are some stairs, and rocks, but I think it is doable. Parking may not be a big deal heading towards Ebers st east up the hill.

Given the chick long board contest, I will be at Bermuda Ave around 6:20ish tomorrow, hope to see some of you guys there. Anyone gonna show up?

TL,

Chris 8)

Holy Mackerel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 10:05 AM   #2
Spinal Tap

Hey Chris,

Which of these places are closest to reef? I've always wanted to shore dive Pt. Loma for some bugs. I might go tonight.

Nate
Spinal Tap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 10:29 AM   #3
Holy Mackerel
Señor member

Hey Nate,

Honestly not sure, where the reef starts/begins/ends... It is very rocky along the cliffs, I have my suspicions about where the bugs are for SCUBA, free dives, & even hoop netting. I think the trick again is where to launch, ie where to shore dive from... Bermuda might be your best bet, esp, if you are lugging full suit, BC, integ weights, fins, mask, tank, etc. I would like to hit it up SCUBA, or free dive myself one of these eves. let me know if you want company.

Good luck,

Chris 8)

Bermuda Ave.

Holy Mackerel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 10:36 AM   #4
Spinal Tap

Chris,

I'll PM you.

Nate
Spinal Tap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 06:10 PM   #5
twinfin

had plenty o luck with the sling down at Bermuda when I was an OBecian back in the day. Reef starts once you step off the shore and goes on and on....
twinfin is offline   Reply With Quote