Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 03-22-2012, 09:56 AM   #1
fishsouthcounty

Best Buy

soooo...not sure if anyone else has thought of this but i got an email from BPS about 6 months no interest and 5 dollar shipping. Been in the market for a FF so started checkin it out and then i decided to look on bestbuy.com to see if they had FF.

well as you can imagine at this point they do and sure enough there was an offer for 6 months no interest over i think 200, and then i believe if you spent over 450 or something no interest for 18 months.

Thing is you gotta use your best buy CC. I have had one for a few years since i purchased my tv. In the long run it works great for me because i have payed off my best buy card and i dont have to add a charge onto my regular CC that has an outstanding balance as is. Plus for people like myself who live nowhere near any BPS you can ship to store(which there are best buy close to most of us) for no additional charge so you dont have to waste money on shipping.

May have already been said...figured it may help for some of you like myself that havent been able to quite justify the spending. this made it a little more easy on me.

now....who anybody close to DP down to help me with an install once i pick it up next week?
fishsouthcounty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:04 AM   #2
Yakin

What time of FF do they carry like humming bird or lowrance?
Yakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:07 AM   #3
fishsouthcounty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakin View Post
What time of FF do they carry like humming bird or lowrance?
looks like just Garmin and Humminbird

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Outdoor+...d=abcat0301005
Old 03-22-2012, 10:10 AM   #4
Yakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishsouthcounty View Post
looks like just Garmin and Humminbird

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Outdoor+...d=abcat0301005
OH so its mainly online right?
Yakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:32 AM   #5
fishsouthcounty

well they probably offer more models online then in person as is usually true with most online/in store retailers. But im pretty sure they keep in store stock also on at least a few models.
Old 03-22-2012, 12:14 PM   #6
mtnbykr2

Tim,
check and see how much and type of extended warranty they offer
with an HB unit of anykind you will want it, their quick connect head units become troublesome in out environment, I have been through 4, needless to say I went with Lowrance, Garmin units have weather pack or sealed cables like Lowrance a better choice IMO...
Like has been said here before, it is hard to beat West Marine warranty,
which includes "water intrusion" in units that the manufacturer states "waterproof" you have to read the fine print or you are tossing your money away
Old 03-22-2012, 12:18 PM   #7
mazilla
advocatus diaboli

I've been using the BPS 6 pay plan on stuff for a couple years now...I've bought thousands of dollars in gear I normally wouldn't if I had to pay for it at once, and with 0 interest. It doesn't get much better than that.
mazilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:23 PM   #8
maui jim

Interesting.....pics on website show a Lowrance but they dont stock them........ misleading....hummmmm....

FALSE ADVERTISING ...EVERYONE GETS ONE FREE !!!!!
Old 03-22-2012, 03:45 PM   #9
JeffB

If you paid it off over 6+ months and it comes with a good Warrenty, you might as well pick up a 898si or better from hummingbird.

As far as West Marine goes, they have won me over for life. They will match anyone's price, all you have to do is bring in an up-to-date ad from online or something. Plus the warranty is unbeatable. My brother left my FF on my tailgate and we took off to go fishing. Found it the next day off the 5 on Sea World exit ramp smashed up. It got ran over and West Marine gave me a new one. Warranty carries over to your unit replacements. Also if the unit is longer around, they replace it with the next model up
Old 03-22-2012, 05:19 PM   #10
fishingfiend

Looks like BestBuy is offering online stores to other retailers, similar to Amazon. In all my years in and out of bestbuy's, I've never seen marine gear. This is definitely new, nice find! I even noticed that NewEgg is selling marine gear and everything else these days.
fishingfiend is offline   Reply With Quote