Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2013, 03:34 PM   #1
Ggiannig89

l.j. 5/10/13 night

headed out to lj in search of the and to make a long story short, i didnt catch one! but the big calicos were biting which made for some decent entertainment. caught 4 good sized calicos ( kept 2 in the 18" range), one sand bass that flopped off the yak and a few small rock fish. i did miss one big bite that put a nice bend in the rod ( i hope it want the wsb). now the fun part, heading in i was a bit disappointed in not catching what but the big swells started to take my attention. from behind the waves i thought it was going to be rather simple. not! one swell came up behind me and made me gain some major speed which i managed to get through but right after was another and the yak nose took a dive and at about shoulder height i went into the drink !!! got pretty much everything back but couldnt keep my phone dry (galaxy s3) . first night session and first time flipping and it sure was shitty. heres to hoping the ocean pays me back with that ever elusive wsb. no pics of the calicos because of water logged phone
Ggiannig89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:42 PM   #2
easyday

Glad you got most everything back. Sorry to hear about the phone and no wsb to make up for it...next time:beer:
Old 05-11-2013, 08:25 PM   #3
dc1983

Put your phone in rice for a day or two
dc1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:15 PM   #4
JarrodMc

Bummer on the landing. Happens to us all. I stamped my passport for a ride I didn't want to take today too. Next time man!