Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2015, 02:02 PM   #1
Geno Machino
"Relax"

Tried something New...came up short 9/17

Launch early this morning around 5:30am. Bait was easy to make (spanish). Caught about 10-12 and tried a dropper loop rig looking for a flat kind. Well, all my baits got molested, but no good biters. Had one mac left and decided to go outside and troll for a yellow around 11. Got picked up on a rat yellow, however I did not let it run long enough. Started my cruise in and went by some floating kelp right by where I got bit, and saw 30-40 small yellowtail around 5-8 pounds. Pretty cool sight!

Went inside to make more bait, however my bait pump would not prime all the way. Had a small amount of flow, but could not get tank full of water.

Decided to head in and the landing was smooth.

Water cooled off a bit, could tell by touch.

Still no FF, so that made things a little tougher, also.

Anyways,
Tight Lines,
Geno
Geno Machino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 03:10 PM   #2
Harry Hill

I was watching someone launch about 7am this morning, it looked like they got swamped while trying to get out past the surf, I had to leave so I didn't see if they eventually got out but it looked like they had to dump out their kayak before they could get going again.
Harry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 06:03 AM   #3
kjsdad619
Just a Salty Sailor

Geno, thanks for the report, gonna head out Sunday..seems like it's cooling off so I want to give it one more try and head farther out. I'll let you know what we find!

Ryan