Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2018, 08:26 AM   #1
captwoody
Junior

I 11S input

Looking for input from I11s owners. I have a 2016 outback but I am currently hurt and cant lift to roof of my jeep. I feel the I11 is light enough to put in back of jeep and would make a good motorhome option once I get my surgery and am better. Pros? Cons? I have seen all the videos looking for real world input
captwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 08:52 AM   #2
Mr. NiceGuy
Manic for Life

Outback: hull weight 80 lbs, rigged weight 100 lbs

Mirage i11s: hull weight 35 lbs, rigged weight 65 lbs

Bag dimensions: 36" x 25" x 12"

(just thinking out loud)
Old 04-05-2018, 10:18 AM   #3
Saba Slayer

i11s

CCA CAL and Hobie gave away 2 of the i11s Mirage Drive inflatables last year in our Battle of the Bays tournaments...so I got to play around with them a little and we also had a contest at the Hall shows to see who could inflate the kayak the fastest...57 seconds was the best time with most around 1 min. 15 sec...so... as you can see it's pretty easy to inflate and assemble. Andy had a brand new i11s out last Saturday at his Demo Day.
It's really fast with the Mirage Drive and I believe it comes with the new 180 drive...
It's a rigid inflatable flat bottom boat which also allows it to be stripped down of the Vantage seat and Mirage Drive and a fin attached to the bottom and it can then be used as an SUP.
There are a few cool aftermarket methods for adapting the under-seat area for a fish finder, transducer support, pole holders, and battery storage.
The fitted hull weight is 36lbs and the fully rigged weight is about 65lbs which is about the same weight when everything is in the wheeled storage bag.

Hashem is a new owner of an i11s so he might be a good source to PM on the boat.

Good Luck

Saba Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 11:04 AM   #4
NICKWORN

IPA's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saba Slayer View Post
CCA CAL and Hobie gave away 2 of the i11s Mirage Drive inflatables last year in our Battle of the Bays tournaments...so I got to play around with them a little and we also had a contest at the Hall shows to see who could inflate the kayak the fastest...57 seconds was the best time with most around 1 min. 15 sec...so... as you can see it's pretty easy to inflate and assemble. Andy had a brand new i11s out last Saturday at his Demo Day.
It's really fast with the Mirage Drive and I believe it comes with the new 180 drive...
It's a rigid inflatable flat bottom boat which also allows it to be stripped down of the Vantage seat and Mirage Drive and a fin attached to the bottom and it can then be used as an SUP.
There are a few cool aftermarket methods for adapting the under-seat area for a fish finder, transducer support, pole holders, and battery storage.
The fitted hull weight is 36lbs and the fully rigged weight is about 65lbs which is about the same weight when everything is in the wheeled storage bag.

Hashem is a new owner of an i11s so he might be a good source to PM on the boat.

Good Luck

I was one of those contestants, but being slightly buzzed from the $12 IPA's kept me around the 90 second mark. LOL
NICKWORN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 01:22 PM   #5
Mahigeer

I love mine because I can take a kayak to Catalina via Catalina express.

Having said that and being an honest person here is my take on it. Time will tell if I am correct.
It is portable. After spending nearly $1100.00 on Thule Hullavator to lift my Outback on the roof of the new 4Runner, I am not satisfied with the unit. The Thule I mean.
The i11 will fit in the back of SUV.

The setup which is inflating and setting up took me about 2 hours in hot sun in Catalina the first time. Thus, I stayed overnight on the pier, so I could fish the next day. Then deflate, clean and packed next day for the return home. I am not fast or as young as others perhaps.

For now I have to store it deflated in the bag between trips. That concerns me if the bends will eventually crack. I was advised by Shane of Hobie to perhaps cover it when in Baja when not used to reduce the heat from sun rays.
Not too much can be added to the kayak to make it like the other fishing kayaks. The less is more applies here.

I bought about $3-4 hundred Dollars’ worth of raffle ticket at the two CCA events last year trying to win the first prize, which was the inflatable. However, some member here gave me the evil eye and I did not.

I did win bunch of other cool stuff including a rod, but not the kayak.
Thus, I bought a used one from Andy. It does come with the 180, reversible Mirage drive. I like it since I can use it in my Outback as well.

Good investment I would say overall. The high seat keeps the angler dry too.

Hashem
Mahigeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 04:17 PM   #6
captwoody
Junior

Thanks for the replies, I wanted to go to demo day but I ended up buying a house in Escondido and could not make it. Good news I go from 70 minutes to beach to 25 minutes. I am originally from SD so glad to be moving back.
captwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 07:59 PM   #7
cris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahigeer View Post
I love mine because I can take a kayak to Catalina via Catalina express.

Having said that and being an honest person here is my take on it. Time will tell if I am correct.
It is portable. After spending nearly $1100.00 on Thule Hullavator to lift my Outback on the roof of the new 4Runner, I am not satisfied with the unit. The Thule I mean.
The i11 will fit in the back of SUV.

The setup which is inflating and setting up took me about 2 hours in hot sun in Catalina the first time. Thus, I stayed overnight on the pier, so I could fish the next day. Then deflate, clean and packed next day for the return home. I am not fast or as young as others perhaps.

For now I have to store it deflated in the bag between trips. That concerns me if the bends will eventually crack. I was advised by Shane of Hobie to perhaps cover it when in Baja when not used to reduce the heat from sun rays.
Not too much can be added to the kayak to make it like the other fishing kayaks. The less is more applies here.

I bought about $3-4 hundred Dollars’ worth of raffle ticket at the two CCA events last year trying to win the first prize, which was the inflatable. However, some member here gave me the evil eye and I did not.

I did win bunch of other cool stuff including a rod, but not the kayak.
Thus, I bought a used one from Andy. It does come with the 180, reversible Mirage drive. I like it since I can use it in my Outback as well.

Good investment I would say overall. The high seat keeps the angler dry too.

Hashem
I'd love to hear more about your catalina trip with the i11s Hashem!
cris is offline   Reply With Quote