Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2012, 10:42 AM   #1
FreezeYak
Junior

Broke pin on fishfinder

Any body else ever have this problem? One of the pins on the external connection my for Lowrance X4 Pro broke. This is how my last FF died too. I hate to buy an entire new one that works fine but a brass pin corroded and broke. Has anyone ever been able to replace them or take them somewhere to fix/replace them?
FreezeYak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:47 AM   #2
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

Broken pins

I've had three of them break. One on an Eagle 350 and twice on my Lowrance Elite 5 combo unit. I just gave up on the 350 cuz I wasn't real happy with it anyway. I got an RMA from Navico, which is Lowrance's service provider, for my Elite 5. I sent it to them twice and each time they gave me a new unit. I've heard a lot of people bitch about Lowrance service, but they have been nothing but great for me.

Good Luck
"When beholding the tranquil beauty and brilliancy of the ocean’s skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it; and would not willingly remember that this velvet paw but conceals a remorseless fang. "
— Herman Melville

Y'all come see me now, hear!
rossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:12 PM   #3
roby
CEO of Team Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossman View Post
I've had three of them break. One on an Eagle 350 and twice on my Lowrance Elite 5 combo unit. I just gave up on the 350 cuz I wasn't real happy with it anyway. I got an RMA from Navico, which is Lowrance's service provider, for my Elite 5. I sent it to them twice and each time they gave me a new unit. I've heard a lot of people bitch about Lowrance service, but they have been nothing but great for me.

Good Luck
X2 on Lowrance's customer service. I had an issue with my sd card slot corroding on my HDS-5. Lowrance sent me a new unit in under 3 weeks.
roby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:40 PM   #4
Sdspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezeYak View Post
Any body else ever have this problem? One of the pins on the external connection my for Lowrance X4 Pro broke. This is how my last FF died too. I hate to buy an entire new one that works fine but a brass pin corroded and broke. Has anyone ever been able to replace them or take them somewhere to fix/replace them?
i worked in the aviation industry for a long time and avionics racks would destroy these pins on a regular basis. I'm not familar with your ff but you might take a drive up to Palomar Airport and have the local Radio/Avionics guys take a look at it.
Sdspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:02 AM   #5
FreezeYak
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdspeed View Post
i worked in the aviation industry for a long time and avionics racks would destroy these pins on a regular basis. I'm not familar with your ff but you might take a drive up to Palomar Airport and have the local Radio/Avionics guys take a look at it.

I like that idea. I live only a couple miles away from Palomar Airport. I am over the 1 year warranty so I don't think Lowrance will do anything about it. I'll see what the crafty avionics guys might be able to do.
FreezeYak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:36 AM   #6
Sdspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezeYak View Post
I like that idea. I live only a couple miles away from Palomar Airport. I am over the 1 year warranty so I don't think Lowrance will do anything about it. I'll see what the crafty avionics guys might be able to do.
Even an hour of their time should be cheaper than another FF unless you want one!
Sdspeed is offline   Reply With Quote