Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2013, 09:28 PM   #21
RobFish
Massive Member

Do what's right. Pay your dues. Pay your fees.
If you decide to "test" the system, already knowing the rules, well then...
They decide to do a job, knowing full well that some people don't like them.
For that, I will gladly shake their hand. That takes schnuts.
Upon my last landing, I was approached by a GW. He was professional, polite, and super stoked on my catch. He asked how many I caught. I said one. He looked at my fish, and said, "That's a nice fish." Then he asked if I had a license to go along with the fish. I said of course.
Play hard, but play smart...so you can play tomorrow.
To raise your finger, or your leg to the man, the game, the system...is an action that speaks for all of us. Remember that.
It was said before, if you're not doing anything wrong, you have nothing to worry about.
See y'all on the water.
Old 07-29-2013, 07:07 AM   #22
Saba Slayer

Law of the Commons

Could you imagine how long the resource would last without the stewardship of the DFW and it's wardens?

There is a phrase coined by Garrett Hardin in a 1968 Science magazine article called "The Tragedy of the Commons"...it says "Freedom in a commons brings ruin to all."
The basic tenet of this theory is that unrestricted freedom to use a resource always results in the destruction of that resource. A commons is an unregulated resource that is open to everyone, such as an unfenced cattle range, a pasture in a public square, a vast heard of wild buffalo, a flight of passenger pigeons-and AN UNREGULATED FISHERY.
As RobFish said "It was said before, if you're not doing anything wrong, you have nothing to worry about."
Good Luck
Jim / Saba Slayer
Saba Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:32 AM   #23
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

If you dont want to deal with the wardens don't hunt, fish or trap.

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:37 AM   #24
FishNinjaY

Quote:
Originally Posted by beef78 View Post
She stopped me and asked me a bunch of questions, how deep I was, what fish I caught, how big were they, what I kept. She even had me point on a map where I fished.
Was this an actual DFG Warden? Or enforcement?

This sounds like the DFG person that is almost always at the ramp and parking lot in Dana Point, has a measuring device, plastic map, etc.. asking those exact same questions to everyone coming back in. I think it's data collection, not necessarily "enforcement". Someone told me that they chatted with this person, and was told as much.. that even if someone brought in an illegal sized fish, they couldn't do anything about it, except maybe copy down a CF number if possible, and report it back to the office.

Anyways, I've never had an unpleasant experience with DFG. I only wish there were more of them, and they would be there all those times I see the illegal bucketeers poaching everywhere.
FishNinjaY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:46 AM   #25
DanaPT

This sounds like the DFG person that is almost always at the ramp and parking lot in Dana Point, has a measuring device, plastic map, etc.. asking those exact same questions to everyone coming back in. I think it's data collection, not necessarily "enforcement". Someone told me that they chatted with this person, and was told as much.. that even if someone brought in an illegal sized fish, they couldn't do anything about it, except maybe copy down a CF number if possible, and report it back to the office.

Anyways, I've never had an unpleasant experience with DFG. I only wish there were more of them, and they would be there all those times I see the illegal bucketeers poaching everywhere. [/QUOTE]

the people you speak of at DP are usually interns or work for DFW. They are non DFW uniformed and don't have badges. They usually wear street clothes and have that clipboard and measuring device. They are simply data collectors. So that is why they ask... what did you catch, where, how big, how deep, how often do you fish, etc.
DanaPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:57 AM   #26
easyday

Ive talked the female data collector at least 5x out of dana and shes even been out on the cattle noats with me. She told me herself shes not enforcement, she cant do anything even if people had undersized fish except call the warden and report it. But shes always been super nice and pleasant. Also ive never run into a warden that hasnt been a cool guy. Im actually looking at employment as a game warden.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:09 AM   #27
MotoHero

A Warden speaks:

I spoke to the guy in the truck at La Jolla a few weeks back; nice enough and just checking out the waterfront. I asked him how the new boundaries were working, he said try to keep about 75 yards beyond the old yellow buoys and you're fine. I described the kelp are I was in he said you are way outside, he mentioned two points of reference; the pier and a building on the point.

Essentially he was informative and pleasant in spite of the gun and such.

The pissing on the tire mentality has no place here at all.

Dwayne
MotoHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 01:36 PM   #28
beef78
Large Member

On sunday, she said she was just a biologist with just a few questions. I didn't know if she was trying to get me to slip by thinking she wasn't out to pin me with anything or just doing a survey. She asked me if I had a daily permit or a annual licsense and was surprized to find out that I have a lifetime.
Old 07-29-2013, 01:54 PM   #29
Mahigeer

If the uniformed person is wearing a gun then he/she is a warden.

If no gun, then it is a surveyor. They don’t issue ticket, but maybe they can call the warden.>>
>>
Personally I have made friends with several of them, and they have been very courteous.>>
>>
One of the nicest ones was warden in Catalina. Now he has SD area.>>
>>
I go fishing to have fun. If I have to worry constantly about getting busted, then it is no fun.>>
>>
As the TV line went “if you don’t want to do the time, don’t do the crime”.>>
Mahigeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 04:53 PM   #30
Cbad Mike

I've had one encounter with a warden at the LJ launch. Nice guy.
I wonder how many idiots get tickets there for no license or bad catches? I personally have never seen anyone fishing inside the buoys. Close to them yes but never straight out poaching.
I follow the rules and LOVE when someone without a license gets busted.
I'm glad they're around and enforcing the law.
Just my 2cents.
Old 07-29-2013, 05:19 PM   #31
alanw
Made in U.S.A.

They might have a SWAT team out there someday, look out!! Fish & Wildlife already has one

Rise of the Warrior Cop
Malibu Stealth-12 ¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

Its not a spelling B its a fishing B ~yakjoe
alanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 08:28 PM   #32
Jimmyz123

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanw View Post
They might have a SWAT team out there someday, look out!! Fish & Wildlife already has one

Rise of the Warrior Cop
Nothing to worry about as long as people are playing by the rules.

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote