Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 03-11-2016, 08:33 AM   #1
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

Thanks Skrilla

Just wanted to give a quick Thank you to Len, aka Skrilla for helping me out with some rod repairs while I was in the States. I bought a couple rods that he had built a year or so ago and was impressed with the workmanship. I had three rods that needed some guide replacements, and I contacted Len and asked if he could do it for me. I told him that I was not awarding style points. Just needed something sturdy of the correct size and needed them done in less than 2 weeks. He must have dropped everything to tackle the project because they were finished I a week. Beautiful job and fixed some issues I didn't even know I had. I have no idea if he does this work as a business or just for fun, or maybe just for me but I do know that at what he tried to charge me, he's not going to make any money doing it. So if you are thinking of a custom rod or need some repairs done, you might want to contact him and let him help you out.
Thanks again Len
"When beholding the tranquil beauty and brilliancy of the ocean’s skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it; and would not willingly remember that this velvet paw but conceals a remorseless fang. "
— Herman Melville

Y'all come see me now, hear!
rossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 08:41 AM   #2
Deamon

Len's a good dude. Others should check out his bamboo gaffs too. Well built beauties.

He's also a big HOW (Heroes on the Water) supporter.

Jim
"The reality is that the wall was built to keep all Asians ~specifically Japanese and those that think they're japanese~ out of the U.S"

Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 09:05 AM   #3
TheBoyScout

How do I contact him?
TheBoyScout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 09:05 AM   #4
TheBoyScout

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossman View Post
Just wanted to give a quick Thank you to Len, aka Skrilla for helping me out with some rod repairs while I was in the States. I bought a couple rods that he had built a year or so ago and was impressed with the workmanship. I had three rods that needed some guide replacements, and I contacted Len and asked if he could do it for me. I told him that I was not awarding style points. Just needed something sturdy of the correct size and needed them done in less than 2 weeks. He must have dropped everything to tackle the project because they were finished I a week. Beautiful job and fixed some issues I didn't even know I had. I have no idea if he does this work as a business or just for fun, or maybe just for me but I do know that at what he tried to charge me, he's not going to make any money doing it. So if you are thinking of a custom rod or need some repairs done, you might want to contact him and let him help you out.
Thanks again Len

How do I contact him?
TheBoyScout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 09:25 AM   #5
Dave Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoyScout View Post
How do I contact him?
Username is "Skrilla", so shoot him a PM. Len has some crazy talent.
Dave Legacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 01:10 PM   #6
skrilla

Thanks for the kind words. Glad to see those beauties getting some action rather than looking pretty against the wall.