Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 10-16-2017, 08:51 AM   #1
Cronus
Cheat to win

stairway runner for a private beach road

Has anyone tried using a roll of rubber or something similar to a stair runner to roll out in front of the kayak so its not so hard to pull on the soft sand? Even if its a 10 foot stretch and you keep moving it around it would be easier than some of the struggles I have. Or should I just give in a buy the big inflatable wheels? Do they handle a heavy loaded kayak in soft sand easily?
Cronus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 09:15 AM   #2
goldenglory18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
Has anyone tried using a roll of rubber or something similar to a stair runner to roll out in front of the kayak so its not so hard to pull on the soft sand? Even if its a 10 foot stretch and you keep moving it around it would be easier than some of the struggles I have. Or should I just give in a buy the big inflatable wheels? Do they handle a heavy loaded kayak in soft sand easily?
Yep. Those kayak carts were designed for a reason....
goldenglory18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 09:26 AM   #3
jruiz
Large Member

Who needs a piece of carpet or wheels when you can carry your kayak?

http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/s...light=carrying
jruiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 05:46 AM   #4
Cronus
Cheat to win

Well had the wife order me a couple of wheeleez for my birthday coming up. Should do the trick.
Cronus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 04:02 PM   #5
TJones

230 cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
Well had the wife order me a couple of wheeleez for my birthday coming up. Should do the trick.
Yes they are rated to carry a loaded kayak. Heck, I even used a plug in set to traverse across Lj with a loaded PA 12. But, going up by self with any kind of moderate grade, with a loaded kayak, is not gonna happen unless of course you are 28 years young, in pristine shape, and can squat 450 lbs. I have used a set of 230 cm. going up private drive for about 50 yards which was more than 7 percent grade with my loaded ocean kayak. Even with multiple people, it was pretty enduring. Let me know if you are free during week to help each other carry yaks up Leo?
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote