Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2006, 08:40 AM   #1
bigderel
UberMember

3/29 Wednesday Morning LJ...

Arrived to a washed out launch and blown out manhole cover (replaced it, didn't want anyone to get an early morning surprise) on Avenida de la Playa under the starry skies. Launched dry through tiny waves and headed for the reserve line and changed my calico plans to pursue a slumpbusting big fish. Easily made a couple of greenbacks and rigged one high and one low and continued out past the corner.

The morning skies looked ominous, and it started to drizzle & brought a few scattered showers. Then a nice front came through and really brought on the water...but it wasn't too bad, the air temp wasn't cold, so a little water wasn't a big deal. Neither bait got touched but I was metering a lot of bait out in 100-120 feet of water & a even got two calicos on fishtraps as I drifted through a couple of patches of kelp, so the total skunk was averted. Chores were ringing in my brain so I decided to make the paddle in. Saw a guy on his way out during the rain onslaught but he was headed towards sunny skies...didn't catch your name, but hopefully you found the fish that eluded me.

Water looked better, emerald green inside the buoy and green outside, but a lot better color than my last few trips. A little current & the temp was 56-57 for the most part. The launch was completely hosed when I got in, the street was flooded & the manhole cover was blown back off. Carried my kayak through the police blockade, should have brought the wheels... :?

TL, Andy
bigderel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 11:56 AM   #2
Dennis

Thanks for the report, Andy. Let's see what tomorrow brings...
-D
Dennis is offline   Reply With Quote