Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 09:25 AM   #1
Jax Yak
Junior

Great weekend Guys! Thanks to all who posted their catch.
I agree with Dennis that the BS sucks.
Jack
Old 02-19-2007, 10:19 AM   #2
chefstefano

Great catches over Saturday & Sunday can't wait to be able to join the fun
Old 02-19-2007, 10:59 AM   #3
Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax Yak View Post
I agree with Dennis that the BS sucks.
Jack
I can't even find my reply, anymore. I like to post, because it's a report for my fellow kayakers about fishing conditions etc... Not for fame, or to say "Look what I got". Make it a private forum... Nah, I just won't post anymore. It's been fun.
-Dennis
Old 02-19-2007, 11:32 AM   #4
BWE
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohloe1 View Post
I can't even find my reply, anymore. -Dennis
Dennis, you seemed to have posted twice, and deleted both of them yourself.

As it sounds like you didn't intend to remove that post, one of your replies has just been restored (they're both the same).
Old 02-21-2007, 06:20 PM   #5
kayak jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohloe1 View Post
I can't even find my reply, anymore. I like to post, because it's a report for my fellow kayakers about fishing conditions etc... Not for fame, or to say "Look what I got". Make it a private forum... Nah, I just won't post anymore. It's been fun.
-Dennis
If you don't post, isn't that just what some people want. You know this secret stuff reminds me of the surfers that think a beach is theirs, and if your not one of the regulars they screw with you, and your ride. I guess somethings never change. To bad.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:27 AM   #6
nmbrinkman
Work Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayak jack View Post
If you don't post, isn't that just what some people want. You know this secret stuff reminds me of the surfers that think a beach is theirs, and if your not one of the regulars they screw with you, and your ride. I guess somethings never change. To bad.

I don't think that is the case at all. Some are just trying to encourage proactive fishing, rather than reactive. Go whenever and not just when you see 3 dudes holding up 5 fish. You'll find nothing but respect and generousity from 99% of the guys who fish LJ frequently, you'll never find a locals-only attitude from them.
Old 02-22-2007, 03:09 PM   #7
Brian Sanner

When I first started fishing LJ I didn't even own a computer. I would hear through friends that some fish were being caught and the first avaliable weekend I would go. I have had several long strings of busted trips (I think 9 in a row), before I would have one or two that really paid off. I learned alot by watching the "regulars" out there and simply by just doing it. Nothing cures not knowing how to do it better than just getting out there and fishing, observe without encroaching and if the situation permits, asking questions. I think that alot of fishermen, hunters, surfers, what ever are or tend to be clickish (spelling was not my major) and just takes time to fit in. Of course they may feel like they need to protect info, but no matter how good the secret is kept there is always some one out there, maybe not part of the group of LJ regulars, who ends up passing the info on about a hot bite.
Old 02-22-2007, 03:53 PM   #8
metalbob
King of Constipation

Thanks to all who helped out with the LJ fishing ettiquette!
this helps me greatly so i know what not to do out there,believe me the last thing i want is to have Fellow yakkers give me the evil eye!

i'll be sure to stay out of "iron chucking range".

would it be cool though if i hail someone if i need help landing a fish?
i just want to learn and have positive experiences from fishing the Big Water.

thanks to every one, who replied regarding ettiquette!

METALBOB.., King Diamond rules. waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa set the crosssss on the altar...
Old 02-22-2007, 04:19 PM   #9
Iceman
Administrator

Quote:
would it be cool though if i hail someone if i need help landing a fish?
Hell Ya! I don't think there is anybody out there that would be put off in offering ANY kind of assistance.

Last edited by Iceman; 02-22-2007 at 06:14 PM.
Closed Thread