Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2011, 05:51 PM   #1
tptrench

won article by asg

I just finished reading an article in WON about etiquette and fishing written by ASG. It's obvious that you shouldn't fish anywhere near a cattle boat because they are making a living from our fishing grounds and one shouldn't interfere with that. Understandable! Chum line and all. Stay away, common since!!!
What are you supposed to do when you've been fishing an area for over an hour and a 1/2 day boat comes through closer than 50 feet, anchors up, up current from where you've been for over an hour, and starts yelling at you over the PA. Get the F@#$% out of our area! This has happened to me and several friends more than a few times. Just wondering.
tptrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 05:59 PM   #2
Hunters Pa

Start taking video & make sure you have channels 9 & 16 ready to go should you choose to stand your ground.

I personally liken it to an a$$hole behind the wheel of a big rig & me on a motorcycle. Are you right? Yeah. Are you willing to take the risk of lead & jigs flying at you? Your choice.

EDIT:

I read teh article too & yeah, they are out there making a living. But the have no right to risk MY life to do it
Hunters Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 06:06 PM   #3
FishinReelDeals

All show the same respect others show me. You don't have to be an a$$hole to make a living!
FishinReelDeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 07:29 PM   #4
GHOSTHUNTR

To me the whole point of kayak fishing is to stay away from the crowds and stinkboats, never go near the cattleboats. They never get the giants that we do with all the noise they make anyway.
GHOSTHUNTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 09:35 PM   #5
deepdvr

My favorite part of the article was when ASG said he was leaving on a 5 day trip.
deepdvr is offline   Reply With Quote