Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2015, 08:09 PM   #1
Gr8fuldude

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPukaShell View Post
Hey Bob,
Can we switch our date for dinner to the 18th? I would like to have the meat cooked prior to leaving so all we will have to do is heat and serve. Also what time does the restaurant open. I would like to have a few lunches or breakfast while I am there if available. As for the Panga the 20th and 22nd would work for me and break up the kayak fishing. If anyone wants to join let me know.
I'm in for at least one day of Panga fishing.

Is anyone else in for camping out at the island? Either having the panga tow kayaks out, or just paddling/pedaling out with the camping gear? Could be an awesome adventure.
Gr8fuldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 08:29 PM   #2
buddha

FMM information.

http://www.discoverbaja.com/go/fmm-tourist-permits/

I am going to talk with Monstahfish and see if he wants to get the FMM before the trip or at Mexicali the day of the trip.
buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 10:29 AM   #3
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Looks like Mr Pukashell and Gr8fuldude are up for fishing from the panga or spending the night on the island? Any one else interested?? I know 3 grouper were caught from a panga there in the last couple weeks, big one was 200 pounds. But caught on a handline, no other way to stop them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8fuldude View Post
I'm in for at least one day of Panga fishing.

Is anyone else in for camping out at the island? Either having the panga tow kayaks out, or just paddling/pedaling out with the camping gear? Could be an awesome adventure.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 01:15 PM   #4
buddha

GunRunner is not only interested in the panga he is ecstatic about it and also the trip!
buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 05:45 PM   #5
Gr8fuldude

Mr. PukaShell,

I'm thinking about the following plan: Fish in the panga with you on the 20th and have the panga drag my kayak out to the island as we go out. I leave my kayak and camping gear on the island while we fish. When we are done fishing I get dropped off (and anyone else that wants to camp out at the island with me) and camp out at the island the night of the 20th. I kayak fish all day on the 21st around the island, camp out again on the night of the 21st. In the early morning of the 22nd, the panga can pick me up, we fish in the panga, and then the panguero can pick up and drag my kayak back to the mainland when we are done fishing around the islands on the 22nd.

If we did this plan, I wouldn't mind paying a larger portion of the panga expenses, since some (but hopefully not much) time would be taken dragging the kayak out and back.

Of course, any and all are welcome to join me for the island camping/kayak fishing adventure. I'm open to any modifications to this plan, but I wanted to put this out there for starters. Thinking about doing this panga/kayak camping adventure kept me awake last night!!
Old 09-23-2015, 03:57 AM   #6
MrPukaShell

Sounds good to me if that works with the Capt. We will work out any money issues. As far as dragging a Kayak that is no problem for me.

Looking forward to this trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8fuldude View Post
Mr. PukaShell,

I'm thinking about the following plan: Fish in the panga with you on the 20th and have the panga drag my kayak out to the island as we go out. I leave my kayak and camping gear on the island while we fish. When we are done fishing I get dropped off (and anyone else that wants to camp out at the island with me) and camp out at the island the night of the 20th. I kayak fish all day on the 21st around the island, camp out again on the night of the 21st. In the early morning of the 22nd, the panga can pick me up, we fish in the panga, and then the panguero can pick up and drag my kayak back to the mainland when we are done fishing around the islands on the 22nd.

If we did this plan, I wouldn't mind paying a larger portion of the panga expenses, since some (but hopefully not much) time would be taken dragging the kayak out and back.

Of course, any and all are welcome to join me for the island camping/kayak fishing adventure. I'm open to any modifications to this plan, but I wanted to put this out there for starters. Thinking about doing this panga/kayak camping adventure kept me awake last night!!
MrPukaShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 07:10 AM   #7
monstahfish

How far is it to the island? I may sail/troll out there with an adventure island and camp out with you guys. I think the plan would be to troll out to the island, drop the amas/sail and fish it kayak style. I haven't spent any time using it without the amas yet so I'll have to try it at LJ in the next week or two.
monstahfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 03:05 PM   #8
Gr8fuldude

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstahfish View Post
How far is it to the island? I may sail/troll out there with an adventure island and camp out with you guys. I think the plan would be to troll out to the island, drop the amas/sail and fish it kayak style. I haven't spent any time using it without the amas yet so I'll have to try it at LJ in the next week or two.
It is just under five miles. I know at least one guy took his AI out there on a previous trip, and I believe he got there way before the rest of the pack pedaled over. Hey, it's not called an Adventure ISLAND for nothin' .