Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 03-26-2012, 08:35 AM   #21
Jimmyz123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enceladus View Post
I didn't know that there was anyplace better until I was turned onto the Longfin in Orange. The staff there is extremely helpful and knowledgable. I'm never going back to Turner's again. If I'm in a rush, I'll just go to Walmart and get the same degree of "service".

http://www.thelongfin.com/
I have no reason to go to turners. I was there a month ago looking for tournament stuff and they were all sold out knowing that a huge tourney was coming up. I saw nothing there other than that to buy. I was going to buy a couple of things but I saw how slow the service was at the register and put the items back and walked out.

There are a lot of great local companies that have great service and I will take my business there.

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:52 AM   #22
Mobsan

Squidco all the way

You can't beat their prices and they are extremely helpful and friendly. I did buy a Sealine 30 from Turners last year only because Squidco was sold out and I am not the most patient person. I would certainly write or speak to the head manager at the shop and issue a complaint. Also refer him to this post and let him know about the bad publicity this A-hole has caused. There is absolutely no justification for such rudeness, especially in the fishing community. I will be certain to never shop Turner's again. There are too many other great places around SD. I hope that sales rep gets a good tongue lashing.
Mobsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:53 AM   #23
Yakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaDCh View Post
Same here, 21 or so years ago I had a great experience with them which ended up starting my adventures with Albacore and the long range boats. Went to them a lot then. These days I go in there and if you are not hainging out at the weapons counter you won't find any one to talk to. Thier selection of fishing gear has been trimmed tremendously too.

Same here I use to go to them before I would go out on the top gun but i stood back at the fishing counter trying to get help with a shimano baitrunner
I got so mad that I wouldn't get help I said screw it took the 30 min drive to bass pro!!
Old 03-27-2012, 02:35 PM   #24
TEAMFISH
Team Kayak Obesessions

Don't want to beat a dead horse but I've been reading this post, shaking my head thinking "yep, there service has been slippin'" And getting pissed because I've been in customer service and a store manager for 30+ years. If I noticed one of my employee's ignoring or disrespecting a customer, they would be wearing their nut sack as a neck tie.

To the reason of this reply, I just got back from our beloved Turners. Just wanted some line put on a reel and I knew they had Maxima plus there two blocks from the house. Stood at the tackle counter and waited to see how long it would take for service........and waited....20 minutes later I walk out. The bone head at the register says "have a nice day". as I walk out with reel in hand. Hell, I could have palmed a couple Trinidads and nobody would have been the wiser. (not my style) So I'm getting ready to contact Turners and unleash on them, I'll let everyone know if I get a reply. Rant over, Boycott begins
TEAMFISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:40 PM   #25
Yakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEAMFISH View Post
Don't want to beat a dead horse but I've been reading this post, shaking my head thinking "yep, there service has been slippin'" And getting pissed because I've been in customer service and a store manager for 30+ years. If I noticed one of my employee's ignoring or disrespecting a customer, they would be wearing their nut sack as a neck tie.

To the reason of this reply, I just got back from our beloved Turners. Just wanted some line put on a reel and I knew they had Maxima plus there two blocks from the house. Stood at the tackle counter and waited to see how long it would take for service........and waited....20 minutes later I walk out. The bone head at the register says "have a nice day". as I walk out with reel in hand. Hell, I could have palmed a couple Trinidads and nobody would have been the wiser. (not my style) So I'm getting ready to contact Turners and unleash on them, I'll let everyone know if I get a reply. Rant over, Boycott begins
Shit you actually get them to change and actually have them to where they make store even on service not just on hunting
You will win yourself a free gaff from me hahaha
Old 03-27-2012, 03:28 PM   #26
TEAMFISH
Team Kayak Obesessions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakin View Post
Shit you actually get them to change and actually have them to where they make store even on service not just on hunting
You will win yourself a free gaff from me hahaha
Yakin,
I'm having trouble understanding what you said. You been drinking buddy?
Can't tell if your with me on this or razzin' me
Old 03-27-2012, 03:32 PM   #27
Yakin

Quote:
Yakin,
I'm having trouble understanding what you said. You been drinking buddy?
Can't tell if your with me on this or razzin' me
I'm with you and yeah its my day off haha but what I was saying if you can get turners to change their ways I'd give you a gaff
I loved turners till they changed things up
Old 03-27-2012, 03:44 PM   #28
TEAMFISH
Team Kayak Obesessions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakin View Post
I'm with you and yeah its my day off haha but what I was saying if you can get turners to change their ways I'd give you a gaff
I loved turners till they changed things up
Ha-Ha! "day off" that's all I needed to hear. I talk like that every Friday night. I just sent a nasty email to their customer service, can't wait for their reply. Maybe I'll get a gift card
Old 03-27-2012, 03:52 PM   #29
tasteslikechikn54

I had a similar experience at del mar FHS on Friday... I took two of my sons (7,5) and some sales associate chewed my ass cause the boys were "touching" some lures and plastics... They were a bit excited, I admit. But the guy was a total deuche when addressing us. I simply took my business elsewhere. I will never drop a penny at turners. I'll take my business to squidco and support a local shop...
tasteslikechikn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:54 PM   #30
Yakin

Quote:
Ha-Ha! "day off" that's all I needed to hear. I talk like that every Friday night. I just sent a nasty email to their customer service, can't wait for their reply. Maybe I'll get a gift card
I hear that I had to Miss work today I'm still snowed in!
atleast only 3 more weeks of the 12 hr days and then my second job kicks in
FISHIN!!