Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 04-01-2012, 05:45 PM   #1
jorluivil

Wind Smind!!!

Fished Irvine with the boys of mayhem. Last night I was convinced to stay away from the ocean and to gamble on some fresh water fishing, glad I agreed because from what I heard Long Beach was completely blown out. Ended the day with three keepers, biggest was 18inches long, released a dink, lost one as I was about to put it on the stringer and lost another at the boat.

The weather was amazing, we had the occasional wind gust but it would only last a minute or so, it was pretty weird how it would start blowing and almost as fast as it started it would just die down, no wind at all.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 05:48 PM   #2
Iceman
Administrator

Looks killer, It blew in the teens all day for me at the store.
Old 04-01-2012, 05:50 PM   #3
blitzburgh

Looks like it was beautiful out there.
Old 04-01-2012, 07:43 PM   #4
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Looks killer, It blew in the teens all day for me at the store.

I fished Seal Today was only about 1 - 2 footers when I launched around 730-ish fished the south side of the HH entrance nothing wanted to bite. Started my trek back in around 10:30 swells were building and by the time I reached the south end of Seal there was no way I was going to make it in. total close out sets at way too fast of an intervals, went to the north side, about the time I got there Sheriff Pb offers to take me back to the HH. I asked him, WTF I'm supposed to then, walk back to my truck parked at seal, no thanks I'll take my chances and paddle in. Timed it right peddled and paddled my ass off, got into 3 feet of water hoped out only to have a wave crash over the back of the yak, only lost my beenie.

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:36 PM   #5
Whizz Bang

Good riddance, I HATED that beanie.
Whizz Bang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:51 AM   #6
mtnbykr2

Glad that's all you lost, I went up to Ventura just to watch, 10-15 foot
at the pier, watched a couple surfers come in with only half a board and a bunch of lifegaurds and ambulances pretty knarly...
Old 04-02-2012, 07:54 AM   #7
Yakin

So lucky it blew all day at silverwood some up in the 20s-30s it was hard to keep going in the hobie pa
Old 04-02-2012, 08:02 AM   #8
Luis_Ochoa

nice one Jorge!
Luis_Ochoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:12 AM   #9
PapaDave

Irvine looks so calm, tranquil, peaceful...

DP on the other hand was the nastiest I've seen it. Took my PA out into 10+ foot swells, 20-30 knot wind and 2+ foot wind waves. Got out to the pipe, made a practice drift, looked at the ocean, decided to go back in. Pa handled it well though.

Even the harbor had whitecaps and the swells were breaking over the jetty.
PapaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:20 AM   #10
fishingfiend

The olive outback looks familiar, I'm sure I saw you out there yesterday! I should have snapped some pics of you guys. I saw at least 2 PA's, 3 Outbacks and a handful of traditional paddlers on the water yesterday. Not sure how many other BWE members were out there yesterday?

I ended up chatting with Alfonso, a new Pro Angler owner. He said he rolled up on you guys thinking you were me. LOL We'll have to get setup a BWE event at the Vine one day.
fishingfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:31 AM   #11
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingfiend View Post
The olive outback looks familiar, I'm sure I saw you out there yesterday! I should have snapped some pics of you guys. I saw at least 2 PA's, 3 Outbacks and a handful of traditional paddlers on the water yesterday. Not sure how many other BWE members were out there yesterday?

I ended up chatting with Alfonso, a new Pro Angler owner. He said he rolled up on you guys thinking you were me. LOL We'll have to get setup a BWE event at the Vine one day.

Yeah, I remember Al, i believe he was the one with the bright orange jacket, we talked and peddled alongside each other for a few minutes. What kayak were you in? Did you end up catching any fish? We gave all of our fish away to some of the less fortunate.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:01 PM   #12
fishingfiend

I was in the Ivory Outback, Mango colored PFD, Green bucket hat with the Hobie Livewell er cooler in the back. I spent a good amount of time trolling for no love, but eventually found them in 30-40'. They wanted Powerbait so I picked off 2 to save my day. Gave my 2 fish to a family of 6 who got nothing. Hopefully I made a deposit in the bank of karma.

Yup, that's the same Al out on his second PA trip.
fishingfiend is offline   Reply With Quote