Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2012, 10:26 AM   #1
LexLutheran
Lurker

New Guy Introduction

Hi everybody, I've been lurking for a bit now soaking up info and decided to jump in. My name is Kevin, I live in Huntington Beach. I have been fishing since I can remember, but am new to Kayak fishing. I fish on the yak every other weekend, typically in the local Kelp beds. Other than the yak I try to fish 3-4 times a week for green bass, or surf casting. I also do the occasional local cattle trip. My yak is a Lifetime Tamarak from Sports Authority, fitted with a Pirahnamax 170 and the standard goodies. I will be starting a project in NPH next week that will allow me to fish daily for the next 6 months or so. I look forward to contributing some reports, learning from all of you and hopefully seeing some of you on the water.
Warmest Regards
LexLutheran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:44 AM   #2
TEAMFISH
Team Kayak Obesessions

Welcome aboard Kevin. I'm not sure how to take the "fishing every day for six months". Should I say "AWESOME" or "BASTARD" . I'll stick with awesome and add that I'm a little envious. Hopefully we'll see each other on the water. I try to hit NPH every couple weeks or so. Welcome to the madness
TEAMFISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:10 AM   #3
lterrero
Leo

Welcome to the kayak fishing family where everybody is & help each other so we can double the fun
lterrero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:14 AM   #4
MrM

Welcome! Glad to have another Kevin aboard. I fish NPH every other weekend, let me know if you ever need company. I live in Westminster, so Im not far from you (raised in HB believe it or not).

Welcome again, and good luck out there.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:23 PM   #5
LexLutheran
Lurker

Thank you guys. I know I am super lucky on this new set up. I'll be working with a good friend of mine from way back. I hope to take the yak out each morning for an hour or so. Kevin, I have never fished inside the harbor, but would love to meet up some time. PM me if you'd like to meet up. By the way did you go to westmont elementary in HB? I will be fishing CDM kelp or the wall Saturday morning. Then bat rays in the evening.
LexLutheran is offline   Reply With Quote