Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-01-2017, 11:03 PM   #1
chris138
donkey roper

Every year is getting shorter...

Make the most of it when you can. Don't wait for the reports, or the call from the bro. Don't sleep in when its windy. Don't watch the surf forecast. Don't stop believing in yourself!

This spring has had no shortage of dreary windy grey days. There has also been no shortage of trophy fish being caught every week. Days you cant find a single mackerel, only to hook a trophy yt on the iron after grinding it all day. Skunk streaks weeks long can quickly transform into consecutive multi-fish days.

The seabass double hookup was crazy. I got hit on the flyline first and the dog was on my fish almost right away. When the second fish hit the dropper loop dragging behind, I thought it was just tangled at first. But once i got the first bass up and battled the dog, the second bass had run out the back and tired it self out. Got her up quick.

These fish were caught on march 1st, the limit of 1 fish was not in effect yet. Thats why I was calling on my cell when i got the fish to color because I thought I was gonna have to release it. Glad I didn't, as the second fish was a PR at 65#. The first bass was 59. 124 pounds of seabass in the kraken.

Hope you enjoy my spring edit.

chris138 is offline   Reply With Quote