Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2014, 02:35 PM   #1
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
ON the ROAD AGAIN. San Quintin at last

San Quintin, here I come. Monday the Tournament starts and runs until the 29th. I will be at Don Eddie's which is right next door to the OLD MILL. Below is the update I just recieved from Joe Martin. I will try to update/fish report twice a week throught out the month.

WOW !
A 75.5 Lbs. White Sea bass "slug" was caught by Capt. Pedro from Tibburons Pangas and Rick Woodly from Parker, Ariz. this last week. The fish was caught with a live Smelt. This is the largest WSB brought in so far this season and the season is just beginning. Blue Fin Tuna are being reported from six miles to 18 miles out from the mouth of the Bay of San Quintin. Capt. Gordo from Garcias Pangas is still reporting good action on Yellowtail at the 15 Spot. Local fishermen are enjoying excellent fishing for Red Rock Cod, Ling Cod and all the other species of bottom fish. The San Quintin fishing season has started early this year with MUCHO GUSTO.
Other news of note this last week is K&M Sport fishing has finally moved into the old casita at the entrance to Don Eddies Hotel and Sport fishing center. This move was a much needed move for K&M to better serve their clients while providing easy access Don Eddies clean rooms, restaurant, full bar and friendly staff. Don Eddies has a large parking area where anglers personal trailer boats can be parked right up to the front door of there room for preparation for early fishing departures and unloading at the end of the day. There is also a drive thru boat wash station on sight for flushing engines and a wash down. Plenty of help is available for boat clean-up or you can do it yourself. Don Eddies has also trucked in fresh gravel to take out some of the lumps and bumps in the driveway and to help with access to the hotel and K&M Sport fishing.
K&M along with Don Eddies will have kayak, sail boards for rent along with two Parker wheelhouse boats, one 23' and one 25'. Capt. Kelly and his Sons "Bird" and Oscar will be handling the Captain duties along with being available for private boat Captains. Kellys third Son Christian will be handling the office duties, reservations and being the liaison between K&M and Don Eddies.
At Don Eddies a new sea wall is being built that will protect the hotel from beach erosion while also providing a nice sandy area when complete for sun bathing or for the kids to play in the sand. There is also a new raised viewing deck being built on the sight of the old restaurant/bar that burned down several years ago. Also adjacent to the viewing deck is a newly constructed large palapa with picnic tables and lighting for parties or just hanging out AND easy access to the restaurant and full bar where the ice cold cervasa is along with my favorite cocina.unday morning and it is time to hit the road. San Quintin, here I come.

Tight lines and good luck to all. The WEATHER appears to be in the low/mid 80's dropping to the low 60's at night, should be nice.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 04:07 PM   #2
StinkyMatt

Ok Bob!

You stinky used car salesman.....

We will be there in a couple of weeks....

Keep the reports coming.

Can't wait.
StinkyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 06:41 PM   #3
solyluna

In 2 weeks probably fishing with
Jamie Garcia and sleeping @ Jardine
solyluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 07:15 PM   #4
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Solyluna and Stinky looks like you are looking at the full moon. Remember the 1st beer is on me. Looking forward to seeing you both. And so the saga starts. TO BE CONTINUED................................

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote